Oil Pressure install - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Tuning & Electronics

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Oil Pressure install

Hey everyone, I'm a recent newb to the forum, but not to the mechanics on my RL. Just wondering if ya'll had any advice on hooking up a oil pressure gauge. I bought the electric AEM Oil Pressure gauge with the sending unit.

I've heard of alot of people hooking them up to there low temp sensor below the throttle body and others on the cooler. Any advice will help.

BTW, I've done all the mods to my RL, and I'd rather do the work myself then pay someone else to do it.

Thanks everyone!
R1SINNER

R1SINNER
R1SINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I thought you could install it right onto the block there are 3 alan bolts in the front under the Intake Manifold... I'm not positive.... You pop one of those out and put the sensor in that hole.. Might need some adapters... May I ask why? Our cars use a chain ran oiling system, so pressure is always there... Again, I could be wrong but the only reason I would do a oil pressure is if I did neutral balance shafts as you have to run a electric pump.
Bratboy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

You are in Hawaii? I T'ed mine had to make up a fitting to accept stock and the aem, really it is a worthless gauge, I would recommend a wide band and a interceptor scan gauge instead. After I tapped my fitting crap I heard some one out there was making a adapter for us. It is a tough thread size to work with, metric to the the aem's 1/8" pipe
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, I am in Hawaii. Stationed here with the Army. The reason why I'm installing it is because the RL uses a thin weighted oil, and with heat of the motor plus hot outside air temps with an increase of high RPMs its a smart idea to monitor the pressure. I already have the wideband, figured with what i said above it would be a wise investment to add the oil pressure.
R1SINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratboy90 View Post
I thought you could install it right onto the block there are 3 alan bolts in the front under the Intake Manifold... I'm not positive.... You pop one of those out and put the sensor in that hole.. Might need some adapters... May I ask why? Our cars use a chain ran oiling system, so pressure is always there... Again, I could be wrong but the only reason I would do a oil pressure is if I did neutral balance shafts as you have to run a electric pump.
The LSJ uses a gear drive oiling system, run off gears located in the front cover. You,d never need an electric pump. I think you're getting the chain-driven water pump mixed up with the oil pump. If you did the balance shafts, and completely removed the rear chain, then, yes, you would have to install an electric pump, but for the coolant system, not the oil system.
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

My bad... Still mean you don't need a oil pressure gauge being it's chain driven...
Bratboy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Professor

I have an oil/fuel pressure from AEM, probably the same one as the OP. I use it for the fuel system, especially since I have the ZZP BRFPS.
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Here you go
The Home of WERKSracing products!

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Damn thats a decent price for all of that
recaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
oil pressure, oil pressure gauge