help!!! many issues showing at once - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

help!!! many issues showing at once

new plugs,coils, fresh injecter/fuel line cleaning
gaps should be right coils and plugs have like 300 miles

the car thinks the battery is low but I'm pretty sure that it is fine, this will be on a start up a few minutes after a say 15 min drive

throwing a P06??, and P05?? code don't know the rest of the numbers cause my reader won't identify the last two
also P0300
sometimes the battery indicator light will pop on
while driving the abs light will come on and the the head lights will flash rapidly

on initial start it turns over almost immediately, to try to get rid of the headlight problem i can do a rolling neutral start, when doing that it struggles to start but when it does both times I've tested the headlights were then fine and no abs light.

sometimes on startup many misses in a row if raved up no misses until it is back at idle
misses sometimes when under heavier load

one thought i have is problems with groups, does anyone know where the grounds for the computer would be too?
also i guess the computer could be bad but i want to do that as a last resort cause of it being a zip tune which i would have to send out for a week

need thoughts asap

2004 saturn ion redline
3.0 pulley/ hub system, Oversized tensioner, 80# injectors,k&n intake,Dual pass end plate,Front mount exchanger,Option B cooling,Phenolic intake spacer, Revised shifter bracket,GM performance clutch, Stage 1 axles,Stainless V-band header with 2.5" stainless/cat-less down pipe and resonator,muffler,Steering column dual gauges:AEM wideband and boost,Custom zzp tune ,fe5 struts/shocks,b&g spring, stage 2 motor mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iswim1997 View Post
new plugs,coils, fresh injecter/fuel line cleaning
gaps should be right coils and plugs have like 300 miles

the car thinks the battery is low but I'm pretty sure that it is fine, this will be on a start up a few minutes after a say 15 min drive

throwing a P06??, and P05?? code don't know the rest of the numbers cause my reader won't identify the last two
also P0300
sometimes the battery indicator light will pop on
while driving the abs light will come on and the the head lights will flash rapidly

on initial start it turns over almost immediately, to try to get rid of the headlight problem i can do a rolling neutral start, when doing that it struggles to start but when it does both times I've tested the headlights were then fine and no abs light.

sometimes on startup many misses in a row if raved up no misses until it is back at idle
misses sometimes when under heavier load

one thought i have is problems with groups, does anyone know where the grounds for the computer would be too?
also i guess the computer could be bad but i want to do that as a last resort cause of it being a zip tune which i would have to send out for a week

need thoughts asap

Just take it to the nearest AUTO retail store for a free code scan - takes 5 minutes on a non busy day
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 PM

Check the large ground wire below the abs pump front right side. Then check your connections in the trunk.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

both are on the list to do today, I was hoping that someone had experienced something similar so that i could prevent causing damage. what do guy think about the problem being the micro controllers in the relay

2004 saturn ion redline
3.0 pulley/ hub system, Oversized tensioner, 80# injectors,k&n intake,Dual pass end plate,Front mount exchanger,Option B cooling,Phenolic intake spacer, Revised shifter bracket,GM performance clutch, Stage 1 axles,Stainless V-band header with 2.5" stainless/cat-less down pipe and resonator,muffler,Steering column dual gauges:AEM wideband and boost,Custom zzp tune ,fe5 struts/shocks,b&g spring, stage 2 motor mounts
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 04:08 PM

how long have you owned yours?

Last edited by 1Redline; 12-06-2016 at 05:00 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

owned a year and a half went to oreilies today, turns out much of the problem was the battery which is pretty astonishing, but makes sense. when on my way there my car went into survival mode, i lost power steering, my tach, headlights, and the boost was wacko. one new battery later and it seems that everything is gone. just minor tach light flicker. think I'm going to get the battery control module relay just in case. none of the codes showed up when i ran the checker at oreilies.

2004 saturn ion redline
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:29 PM

was that the original battery still in there?

I'm pretty sure mine was - when I replaced at 10 years old
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

i think it might have been judging on the amount of rust from rubbing underneath it. have yet to go out for the second drive whats the likelihood that the battery conscience damaged the bcm relay?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

battery light still present intermittently misfires still present power steering stiff still but light problem and abs seem to be solved by it still haven't had time to disconnect grounds and sand them cause of finals but i did coat the outside edges with electric conductive grease i guess alternator is next to check and the ecu connector connections think I'm going to pay zzp a list to see if they can check a pcm to see if it is bad since the dealership won't do it cause of not having a cat what is weird is when i went o the dealership they did use there obd2 scanner for me and they did not find the p06 code that i found ?!?!?!?! makes no sense to me that they couldn't find it the misfires seem to happen more when the engine is colder valves perhaps? i know my oil is up for a change about 500 miles
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 02:44 AM

Yeah, my original battery was 9 years old when it finally went out ina blaze of glory........it totally messed up the car when I tried to jump it.

Replace a few fuses, new battery, and maybe you will be ok this time.

All I can say is that in the future, if the car won't start take out that 5/16 socket on a 1/4 inch driver and rip off that pos terminal off !!
...push start the old girl, and you should be on your way !!!

I will never try to jump a Redline again after that....I think it flucked up the samaritan's truck a little too. Stuff under his hood was smoking a little.

Or, just replace a battery every 5 years.

See ya out there...
TIMBO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
abs, electronics, headlights, misfire, pcm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.