How-To remove air bag sensor for 07 seats.(recaro swap) - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

How-To remove air bag sensor for 07 seats.(recaro swap)

will today i removed my air bag sensors. I am doing this for a seat swap. im getting SRT-4 seats. But mostly people do this for a recaro swap for us 07. well lets begin shall we. 1st off i am not responsable for any damage to your vechile, you are taking the chance of removing these sensors. I am just showing the way i did mine. ok now that's out of the way lets begin!

TOOLS:
15mm socket
10mm socket
flat head screw driver
needle noses(optinal)
X-ACTO knife
and most importanly PATIENCE

first off to get the seat out of your car you need to unbolt the two 15mm bolts behind the seat. takes a little elbo greese but it will go. now there is a female and male connection for the seat belt underneath the seat on the driver side. now remove the other bolts on the passenger side. now the male and female connections are underneath the seat. it dead even underneath the seat so if u lift the seat up and it doesnt go look at see where the connection is. now to remove the seat lift up on the back where you just unbolted those bolts, then pull it towards the trunk. it might take a few trys but u will get it. if that dosent work goto here.
How To: Remove Front Seats
now your air bag sensors are in your passenger seat so thats all im working on
first you can see the seat how it is.

now the connection is for your seat belt just push on the switch and pull.

then it shoul look like this.

now there are 4 10mm bolts that hold your seat frame to the brackets. as these pictures you can see where they are located.

i have no idea what this is but it wont discconect unless u move the metal pieace so you can remove that wire so see next 2 pictures to show you how to remove it.

ok now once you have gotten your bolts and wire removed. lay the seat on its back and lift the switch where it let you adjust the your seat and then lift the bracket up and the bottom of you seat should fall. if not check to make sure you removed your selt belt connection, and the wire didnt get snaged up.

ok now to the clips that hold the leather material together. its kind of a pain but with some elbo greese it will go. if not this is where i used the flat head. as u can see in some of the pictures.

ok once you get the clips off just remove the leather. now your going to pull the leather up and your going to here it rip. dont worry this is just the velcro on the seat that hold the material down.

i would remove the metal bracket so you can work on the cushion instead of having all that weight you have to hold.

here are the velcro strips that i was telling you about there are quit a few of them.

2007IONREDLINE
FOR SALE:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stag2 mounts, rims,injectors,more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

so here the leather off and you can see the sensors on the white pad.

better look at the sensors.

so now the real fun begins. this is what I used to shave the glue off the back of the sensors. this is where the patintce are used for have fun

this is the final result. hopefully this was helpfull..any advice is welcome, sorry if i miss spelled some words to

2007IONREDLINE
FOR SALE:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scotch89; 12-29-2009 at 11:56 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

bump to the top

2007IONREDLINE
FOR SALE:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Im doing this to remove sensors to sell to a customer but i cant see the pictures D: can anyone fix?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Sorry man i must of erased them

2007IONREDLINE
FOR SALE:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 08:56 PM

Garage
Really wish the photos worked in this thread... OP you still active on here?
Currently doing a recaro swap on my 2007 supercharged 2.2L.
I have the seat apart and the sensor pads out, trying to figure out if I need to cut the recaro cushion or not.
Will make a new thread unless OP can salvage these!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal97 View Post
Really wish the photos worked in this thread... OP you still active on here?
Currently doing a recaro swap on my 2007 supercharged 2.2L.
I have the seat apart and the sensor pads out, trying to figure out if I need to cut the recaro cushion or not.
Will make a new thread unless OP can salvage these!
Bleh hated the recaros, is why I didn't get my redline till 07.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 11:25 AM

I think the recaros are sporty and unique..they came in different colors

I have the blue material mesh and I think it compliments the car's blue exterior on mine.

The problem is that with age they can crack and the appearance can decline rapidly -they can

really be an eye sore

When they are clean and 'fresh' looking they are outstanding ... not to say the leather is not

- I've seen pictures and they are luxurious.

I have had people even peeking in at them as they get in their cars.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:01 AM

I always felt the recaros were horribly uncomfortable and I felt they skimped not making them all leather cause the fabric always ends up looking horrible.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
I always felt the recaros were horribly uncomfortable and I felt they skimped not making them all leather cause the fabric always ends up looking horrible.

I was pretty lucky because they did not drive my car much and they are like new - so I have tried to protect them as mush as possible

even throwing down a layer of material since I got it

my drivers side leather has a few cracks starting which is a little depressing

I guess I was lucky with the size or shape of the seats as well because I could just as well call them custom made
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.