b pillar cover piece - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

b pillar cover piece

I'm lookin for the black plastic b pillar cover for a 2005 redline. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement piece for th driver side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthunt10 View Post
I'm lookin for the black plastic b pillar cover for a 2005 redline. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement piece for th driver side?
Well, if you're talking about the part that goes on the driver's door, behind the window, they are not worth trying to find used, as they tend to crack at the same point over time, so, get a new one. Pretty much any Buick dealer should be able to help you.

Ok, so, like, yeah, umm....
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 PM
I <3 UR MOM

It's called an applique or some crap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

***04 Silver Turbo RL***

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:50 PM

Getsaturnparts.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

check out some of my work

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 PM
I <3 UR MOM

Maybe we should sticky this information? It does happen a lot. FYI, start closing your doors from the top of the window or the actual door itself and not the applique and it won't break.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

***04 Silver Turbo RL***
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm actually replacing my passenger side soon (why they ALWAYS fly off into the ditch at 100 I'll never know lol...like I can find it then hehehe). Pricey lil piece up here, double the price in the link . I think I might try to incorporate a little double sided tape to make it a little more secure....for those days when I can't remember how to close my doors properly

2007 Deep Blue Ion Redline,TVS, K&N Typhoon,Vortex Header,Hahn 3" Catless down pipe & Catback
Interceptor, AEM Wideband, B&M STS, TTR Rear Sway Bar,
Competition Gauge pod w/Amishland Harness & Stock Cobalt Gauge
Stage 2 Rotated Mounts, Progress Springs
07 Recaro Swap Member #5

ROGUE REDLINE
2006 Black Onyx Competition Package Ion Redline
K&N Drop in
07 Leather Swap Member

Last edited by Flatlander; 12-31-2010 at 05:18 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advise I actually found it on a site ( after three hours of searching )
Called getsaturnparts.com. It cost 22.99 + shipping
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 AM

Mine rattled. I used the "loop" side of Velcro (soft side) and wraped the clips so it was a snug fit. It works good.

check out some of my work

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 AM

What is the correct process to replace the window applique?

Does anyone know the correct process to replace the window applique? I don't want to break it again. Any suggestions to secure it better so that it doesn't break or fly off again?

Thanks,
Tony
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 AM
I <3 UR MOM

It's one screw that holds it on. It's slides down behind the door skin and screws in on the inside of the door. You can dry velcro but I stand behind the fact that what causes it to break is the way you close the door.

***04 Silver Turbo RL***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.