Thoughts on using L series side skirts - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thoughts on using L series side skirts

Hi guys, little back story,
I got my rl in January for cheap. Partly because it had a busted regular ion front bumper and a busted side skirt. I looked around and couldn't find either redline part at a reasonable price. I put another regular ion bumper (doesn't look too bad), but was left looking for a side skirt. I found a set on an l series at the junkyard and gave it a try. After 20 minutes of trimming and a mud flap, this is what it looks like. I plan on painting it blue to match.

It fits over the stock plastic brace. Its an easy fit, i took a little off the front and trimmed a couple holes for the back door latch and rear fender. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

2005 IRL mostly stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
Hi guys, little back story,
I got my rl in January for cheap. Partly because it had a busted regular ion front bumper and a busted side skirt. I looked around and couldn't find either redline part at a reasonable price. I put another regular ion bumper (doesn't look too bad), but was left looking for a side skirt. I found a set on an l series at the junkyard and gave it a try. After 20 minutes of trimming and a mud flap, this is what it looks like. I plan on painting it blue to match.

It fits over the stock plastic brace. Its an easy fit, i took a little off the front and trimmed a couple holes for the back door latch and rear fender. Let me know what you think.

Looks decent I almost don't mind the silver on blue. Not sure how much you were looking to spend but rksports makes some nice looking effects. http://www.carid.com/2007-saturn-ion-body-kits/

Last edited by REDLINE1313; 06-26-2016 at 09:43 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 11:43 AM

the silver looks good on there...

Last edited by 1Redline; 06-28-2016 at 01:28 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 09:17 PM

Garage
For some reason, it reminds me of a GTP...

2004 Saturn Ion Redline - S256ET | Ported Head
277/243 - M62 E85 - 14.08 @ 106.20
Turbo Swap Numbers TBA

2000 Z28 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
318/304 NA - 435/380 N2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Gone but not forgotten.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Guys. my wife likes the silver too. I was planning on painting them blue as I will need blue for the bumper anyway. One less color to buy. I'll think on it for a while.

How does one order the correct color of blue for the paint? Is the paint code not a good source to use?? I'm going to be buying paint in the next coupe weeks.

REDLINE1313 - I would love to get a pair of those nice side skirts. These are cheaper, and I happened to come across these in the junkyard for $20. I was trying to find a stock replacement, but with the regular ion bumper, the twisted pattern on the skirts doesn't connect to anything else on the body. I'll post up pics once I get them painted, or decide to keep them silver.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Here is my wife's SL2 with the L series skirts. Same silver color. I also put the SC bumper on, but I haven't gotten around to painting that yet
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 03:21 PM

I like the looks of it, not sure of the silver on blue, but the skirt looks good on the IRL. Nice work adapting it. Do you have pics of the Ion bumper on the IRL?

If I get used to envying others those parts of myself that I am proud of will recede from me.
-Stellvia

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 04:29 PM

where did the flaps come from - is that the bumper and part of the silver shirt?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The flaps came from the L series. I had to trim them some. Im in the middle of painting the ion bumper, ill send up a pic once its back on the car

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.