Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Thoughts on using L series side skirts

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Finkle 
#1 ·
Hi guys, little back story,
I got my rl in January for cheap. Partly because it had a busted regular ion front bumper and a busted side skirt. I looked around and couldn't find either redline part at a reasonable price. I put another regular ion bumper (doesn't look too bad), but was left looking for a side skirt. I found a set on an l series at the junkyard and gave it a try. After 20 minutes of trimming and a mud flap, this is what it looks like. I plan on painting it blue to match.

It fits over the stock plastic brace. Its an easy fit, i took a little off the front and trimmed a couple holes for the back door latch and rear fender. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks Guys. my wife likes the silver too. I was planning on painting them blue as I will need blue for the bumper anyway. One less color to buy. I'll think on it for a while.

How does one order the correct color of blue for the paint? Is the paint code not a good source to use?? I'm going to be buying paint in the next coupe weeks.

REDLINE1313 - I would love to get a pair of those nice side skirts. These are cheaper, and I happened to come across these in the junkyard for $20. I was trying to find a stock replacement, but with the regular ion bumper, the twisted pattern on the skirts doesn't connect to anything else on the body. I'll post up pics once I get them painted, or decide to keep them silver.

#8 ·
where did the flaps come from - is that the bumper and part of the silver shirt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.