Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Cobalt SS sedan high spoiler installed on my Redline

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1Redline 
#1 Β·
As far as I know, this is the first time this has been done. I moved the spoiler further back to the plastic part of the trunk. The original holes are covered by vinyl stickers off of ebay. In my opinion, looks way better than the oem high wing.

See less See more
#2 Β·
looks good from the side - appears slightly smaller than the aerowing-oem

do ya have pic from the back

just wondering how it looks

#6 Β·
Saturn should have offered this one as many did not like the big wing

looks in between the low rise and the aerowing

#7 Β·
Looks good, but I prefer the Redline high rise.

#9 Β·
Nobody's asked this - can you see any better out of the rear window ?

BTW - Took the wing off my car too... it screwed up the paint just a little, so ..... as I worked for a paint and body shop back in the day, I sanded, primed, sanded, primed, and used the "Duracolor" off the shelf, and the first few weeks, it looked great, better than factory, because it was baby butt smooth - and no orange peel like in most factory paint jobs. For a week it was the best looking part on the car.

Now it's cracking and dulling....what a bummer man !!

Well, besides working in a paint and body and knowing my Shi*, I also used to own a detail shop that served 4 dealerships and did work on high dollar stuff like Lotus, Jag, Benz, Porsche, and Rolls Royce.., .....and I know there is about an inch of paint under that "scab" looking trunk now....so - high speed buff, polish, clear coat.
Dura color is such a crap product.... man, I spent hours on that trunk lid....and spent 7.99 on 6 cans of paint. And in about 3 weeks it went from glossy perfect to crackled dull crap !!

I'm just gonna make friends again with my old Paint guys and shoot the car myself in Dupont Imron. I am fed up with crap stock paint jobs and crap rattle can stuff.

I am going to try it one more time, but this time, Clear coat it afterwards ----maybe the paints they make nowadays are UV protected and expect a clear coat.

#10 Β· (Edited)
I recently changed to the Aerowing as well..

Like others have said, the aero being high actually blocks a lot of the high tech head lights and

trucks on the road at night - a simple mechanism that actually at times is safer because lights can

create blind spots as well considering the increasing popularity of these on cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.