Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Burned up Supercharger?

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Rky29 
#1 ·
Alright so the other day my check engine light came on. I took it by the dealer and said that it needed a new supercharger intake manifold sensor if i remember right. I took it back the today and they installed it. I went out to my car after it was done and turned it on and the check engine light was still on. I walked back and told them, and they took it back to try and clear it. An hour later, they said that they dont know why its on, and after talking with the people in Michigan, and trying what they had to say, came back to tell me that i had to replace the supercharger. Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm running NO mods, and its COMPLETELY stock with 38K miles.

Comments or ideas?

#4 ·
I dont know. I took it to the dealer, and they didnt say what codes came up. sorry guys

#6 ·
I definatly will.

Has this happened to anyone before?

#9 ·
If you have an extended warranty... WOOT! FREE SUPACHAGA!

If not... attack them with a crowbar.

#10 ·
I'm just barely in the warrenty period. It was a 3 month 3K mile thing (bought it used) they'll do it in warrenty, so its all good there.

The guy said that he cleaned the throttle body (i think im getting a new one of them as well) and it still kept going with the error.

The funny part in all this is that I'm the first one in the dealer to feck up a supercharger before. As a result, I gotta drop the car fora day or so so they can figure out how to replace it lol

#14 ·
OEM_Reject said:
damn, I'll come change that thing out for ya in 5 minutes. I hate it when the dealerships have to "figure things out". Kinda scares me to take it to em sometimes.
God thing you know how, we will need that at the dyno tommarrow.

#15 ·
I should add that there was no noticible loss of power, loss of milage, or odd noises. And I was debating telling them to put a stage 2 on while they're at it :bananahum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.