Saturn ION RedLine Forums - View Single Post - Throttle Body Cleaning
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
sierominus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike04blue View Post
I just cleaned mine last night. It was nasty. I took pictures that I will post later when I get home. I had a real problem with the electrical connector on the TB. I got the grey wedge out, ended up breaking it in half. With the wedge out, the connector still would not budge. So I had to put a pail under the TB and clean it with the plug still attatched. I stuck the wedge back in two pieces. I'm not afraid of the connector coming off because I pulled and pulled and it stayed put. Can anybody shed some light on how to remove the connector?

The connector is tricky as balls. I took the grey piece out and still could not get it out-So I wiggled it back and fourth for about 5 minutes and it slowly, but surely came off. You can clean the throttle body with that connector on it just makes it kinda difficult-Its amazing how much more throttle response you get after cleaning it.

bLaCK and SiLVeR KnIGhTz Member# 11 FTGDMFW!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

140+ Club Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome