Saturn ION RedLine Forums - View Single Post - Pedder Pedders on a Redline
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
Ion springs wont reverse engineer to a Cobalt the larger spring hat at the top will not fit inside the Cobalt strut tower. Send them back.

SSC/Canuck springs are not bad, but all these drop springs are not anywhere as good as Pedders. I am working on a better spring than Pedders ( the pedders rate and height etc is good ) but OEM springs are better quality than Pedders, and Pedders are better quality than the rest of the bunch, with Tenzo, Tien and that sort of spring the poorest of the bunch.

Thats my experience.PS I install all springs with the top spring hat tab aligned by the end of the coil spring wire. Thats the GM factory way.

The Pedders rear spring have two different end sizes. Install the one that looks like a "D" on the lower black isolator; use a heat gun to heat up the nipple on the black isolator, dont melt it, then spray a little silicone on it, line the coil end up with the gap between the ridges on the nipple press down and its done.

For the upper red colored siolator, lite heat from the heat gun on the nipple and press on.
\best results with isolator on the floor, and hold the spring in both hands and push down.

good luck. I do these installs a few times a month and its really very easy. It is possible to do Cobalt front struts on the car without a spring compressor; Redline you have no choice, you need a spring compressor, and you had better buy new top strut hats and 4 little screws for it at minimum. The whole assembly can be purchased aftermarket with new bearings for little money a good idea. Rust check the assembly so you wont have to buy new again later. Rust is brutal, corrosion is worse with brine washing of roads ( where are the greener enviro nazis when this happens???) and these cars have been around for a while now..
so true. i HATE mine, would not recommend them to anyone unless they want them purely for looks.

i was looking at getting pedders by spring, but what is this about a better spring you're working on? rough ETA?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome