And another post to "update" some bad info on this thread...
1. - as stated above, the Cobalt FE5 axles DO bolt right up, no camber or other issues.
2. - the page I was referring to above is now a stcky in the suspension area. It specifies grinding the "inner" layer of metal out to match the "outer" layer, and you can get close to -3* that way LEGALLY in SCCA Stock class.
3. - Wheel hop has been rectified with the O T T P rotated trans mounts. If you're using anything else to cure the problem, it's not cured, LOL.
4. - That same vendor offers the steering rack spacers to reduce flex in the rack/tie rods when lowered. Other vendors may as well that I'm uaware of, but it's a basic piece and easy to make.
5. - The competition steering knuckles have gone up in price to over $300 each. ouch. Cobalt SS/turbo knuckles aren't as beefy as these pieces, but are beefier than ours - but we can't use them until omeone figures out the whole ABS sensor/axle issue. :-(
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I try and get with as many dudes as possible when I'm out on the road.
Originally Posted by h4ckler
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....
RIP "Sally" - Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline Comp Pack
14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...
207 whp, 187 wtq, 100% stock uncorrected
numbers on a mustang dyno...