If you're looking for Struts or Shocks - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

If you're looking for Struts or Shocks

It seems that no one makes any high performance struts or shocks for the Redline -- I've searched far and wide. But, recently, I stumbled across Ellis Engineering in Charlotte, NC -- http://www.sellisengineering.com/home.html -- and they manufacture any kind of struts and shocks you might want (plus a whole line of suspension components -- like camber plates, swaybar mounts, and anything else you might want because they'll custom-build whatever you need).

Their customers are racers -- drag racers, NASCAR racers, Sprint Car racers, SCCA road racing racers, Autocross racers..., you get the point. They can build high performance struts and shocks -- and single or double adjustable struts and shocks -- in any size or length, with any valving, even different ratios of adjustability. And their prices for basic high performance struts and shocks are not out of line -- about the same or a little less than Koni's for example ('if' Koni made struts and shocks for Redlines).

Just thought I'd share...
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 02:09 PM

they are great if you dont mind paying or a product that has a 5% chance of ever actaully being made for you
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Bad Experience?

Have you already had a bad experience with these guys? When? How long ago? What, exactly, was involved?

Do you know of any alternatives?

Thanks.
Scott

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM

I haven't personally, I know alot of TSN and SaturnSpeed guys did, waiting for months and months for their orders to show up and they never did
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Bad Experience?

Hm-m-m-m-m. I wonder what they were ordering? It sucks, but these guys seem to be the only place that even 'talks' about struts or shocks for our vehicle. I've even written to Ohlins and Koni asking for custom struts or shocks -- and I've heard nothing.

This presents a problem. Do you suppose you could ask any of those guys what they were ordering, did they ever take delivery, those kinds of questions?

I'm planning to compete in D Stock in the SCCA National Tour event in Houston in May -- so my time's kind of short...

Thanks in advance.
Scott
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
I haven't personally, I know alot of TSN and SaturnSpeed guys did, waiting for months and months for their orders to show up and they never did
That's because it's mostly for S-series cars...a vehicle that isn't even made anymore. Lol. They are not going to invest all that time and money in a dated/extinct chassis. I bet they would jump all over the chance to toy with this delta chassis, being as popular as it is. Anybody send word to them yet?

2004 Ion Redline
Formerly: 05 Ion RL, 04 Cavalier, 04 Ion RL, 08 Sky RL.

Chris - Motivated Inc. Yeah, I know the Ecotec a little.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Ellis Engineering, the same Steve Ellis that was once over Carrera. Avoid at all costs, another crooked bastard like SCdyne.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 07:41 PM

look at gravana.com in the ion section they have adjustable and non adjustable strut and spring sets
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Gravana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuffe01
look at gravana.com in the ion section they have adjustable and non adjustable strut and spring sets
I'd really like for this to be true, but when I go to their site, all I see are coil-overs, drop-springs, and swaybars -- no struts or shocks.

Perhaps I'm looking the wrong place?

Thanks,
Scott
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottherbert
I'd really like for this to be true, but when I go to their site, all I see are coil-overs, drop-springs, and swaybars -- no struts or shocks.

Perhaps I'm looking the wrong place?

Thanks,
Scott

no your right. they dont have any plain old shocks for us... just the coil overs, and drop springs.

'04 - GM Stage 2+, 10:1 forged pistons, ARP headstuds, K&N CAI, ZZP header & dp, custom 3" BORLA c/b, spec 3+ clutch, bwoody smm's, devils own meth, B&G springs, drill/slott rotors, BFG KDW's, Centerline Storms, Pioneer AVIC D-1, Polk-MOMO carbon series components & 400.4 amp, JL 10" sub
\m/(**)\m/ -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebristol
Women will come and go. Your RL deserves the upgrades!
The Coalition
Oni Elite / Clan Agent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in