Koni Adjustable Shocks & Struts Follow-up - Page 15 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 09:01 AM
OEM

Pics? I am in the process of the same thing. Factory mounts need to go soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM

No pics, haven't built it 'cuz I race in Stock. If I move to a mod class, different story, lol. Have sketches and have talked to the guy who fabs all my prototypes about it, but haven't made it yet. You'd be looking at a cool grand to get a one-off cooked up. My latest prototype for a new product set me back $800 - a steal for the work this guy does, but that one is going to MAKE me money, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I try and get with as many dudes as possible when I'm out on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4ckler
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....
RIP "Sally" - Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline Comp Pack

14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...

207 whp, 187 wtq, 100% stock uncorrected numbers on a mustang dyno...
post #143 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I <3 UR MOM

Thinking about picking up a set for the rears. My struts are pretty new but the rears are 7 years old, might as well replace them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

***04 Silver Turbo RL***

post #144 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM

CSS Turbo rear shocks are a helluva lot cheaper and work very very well with all of the after market springs currently available for the IRL, notably the Pedders and Progress. Not adjustable, but they're pretty dead on for lowering springs as is. I have the Yellows and I love them, but in retrospect I would have bought CSS/T front struts and MAYBE Koni Yellows for the rear for Stock class autocross just 'cuz they can go stiffer. If you're not heavy into the Solo where heavily overdamping the rear is the way to go, the CSS/T are awesome for the rear as well.

Quote:
Quote:
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....

14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...

post #145 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:01 AM
OEM

I could not be happier with my Yellows. I am designing a front pillow ball set-up to work with them which will lower the car a touch more and will ride smoother.

Mark
post #146 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I <3 UR MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
CSS Turbo rear shocks are a helluva lot cheaper and work very very well with all of the after market springs currently available for the IRL, notably the Pedders and Progress. Not adjustable, but they're pretty dead on for lowering springs as is. I have the Yellows and I love them, but in retrospect I would have bought CSS/T front struts and MAYBE Koni Yellows for the rear for Stock class autocross just 'cuz they can go stiffer. If you're not heavy into the Solo where heavily overdamping the rear is the way to go, the CSS/T are awesome for the rear as well.
Good to know. I was mainly thinking about the yellows for track days. I don't auto x, just strip. Thought it would be beneficial if I could stiffen the rear shocks up for those days. I have stock shocks with progress springs right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

***04 Silver Turbo RL***
post #147 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM

CSS/T struts/shocks all around will cost LESS than ONE PAIR - as in, just the front or rear - of the Koni's, AND they bolt straight in vs. the project that is installing the Koni's up front. Not adjustable out back, but stiffer than the stockers. I've driven and even autocrossed Ionick05's ride, CSS/T all around with Progress springs and Progress bar. Works VERY well.

In short, Save 50% and get the Cobalt Turbo bits. If you were ready to dump the cash anyway, save 25% or so and get the Koni's in back, with the CSS/T struts in front. Because it's such a PITA to instsall the Koni's in front, and we can't really adjust them anyway without taking the struts down, and you're not going to turn the fronts up more than 50% anyway - they make no sense, lol. And that's coming from a guy who has the Yellows all around.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BigBrother; 03-09-2011 at 05:16 PM.
post #148 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I <3 UR MOM

I figured as much, thanks man. I was planning on the TC struts up front when those need to get replaced and was debating if it was worth getting the yellows for the rears. I appreciate your advice.

***04 Silver Turbo RL***
post #149 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM

No problem, glad to help.

Quote:
Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in