GMPP Steering Knuckle install pics - Page 4 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM

some things to consider are this:the only breakage (non accident related) that i know of was in GM testing. Once. None in racing,(non accident related)
When my daughters boy friend endo'ed her Cobalt the knuckle broke at the strut bolt, nothing else was salvageable. I am thinking that if it breaks at the knuckle maybe it saves other things? Old Honda's break bottom ball joints daily, grabs the fenders and all that and makes a mess and Honda dont do a better ball joint...just saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

I have spacers for the rack they are easy, but the G6 knuckle steering arm should take care of some of that...

G6 knuckes? What's that all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
some things to consider are this:the only breakage (non accident related) that i know of was in GM testing. Once. None in racing,(non accident related)
I ordered LE5 control arms and was thinking about replacing the knuckles too. What do you think?

06 Silver RL |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:15 AM

so, im just bored at 5am.....searching for clutch kit prices and come across these things in the GM perf catalog......

recomend these for lowered cars?

My ION for sale $10,500

6.0L LS2 400HP Trailblazer SS Here I come!!!!

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05VUE-Redline-06ION View Post
so, im just bored at 5am.....searching for clutch kit prices and come across these things in the GM perf catalog......

recomend these for lowered cars?
They are stronger, but they are not needed. Only time you risk failure is in a accident.

'04 RL, Pedder's XA coilovers

post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 AM
The Professor

i would get them if you do a lot of autocross/road racing. they are a good upgrade, but probably not needed for 99% of all cobalt/ions. they are also expensive so the cost/benefit is a little high

like i said, autocross/road racing. or i would get them if i had nothing else to upgrade...
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 11:34 AM

LoL!

thanks for the input...
Im thinking about how ruff the ride is on these eibachs....i mean im beat to death in the drivers seat Id hate to seet what the suspension is going thru....But I guess youd only really need these if one broke or sumthing.....Im coming up with a price of $275 for the 710 part number which I believe includes both sides?...on gm parts direct.com....which thats not really a bad price for 2 of them...

oh and the other day I smacked an angled curb(i was texting...oops) I thought i had effed up the wheel pretty bad but it was fine actually....maybe i should get under the car to see if I cracked anything.....

Im also thinking about gettting some progress springs.....

My ION for sale $10,500

Last edited by 05VUE-Redline-06ION; 12-27-2009 at 11:36 AM.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 01:45 PM

I doubt that price is for both. Be sweet if it was!

An impact from the side is probably the best way to break a knuckle imo...I broke mine in 2 places and bent an arm. I was still able to drive the car home (about 5 miles)...not recommended lol. Just bounced off a curb at 20mph. I just went and picked up a salvage HHR knuckle for like $40.

'04 RL, Pedder's XA coilovers

post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 PM

ohhh yeah just looked at it again...thats the L/H pn only...

My ION for sale $10,500

post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

I'm just not on here enough. I never saw Mr. Bristol's post from October 2008. So, it's actually been two years now that I've had them. I have not had any issues with my front suspension at all. I would recommend them, or the LNF style knuckles to anyone who has already broke a set, but, as is said above, it's probably not something the vast majority of people need to bother with.

That said, qwikredline did have a few sets available for cheap last I knew, so, shoot him a PM.

Ok, so, like, yeah, umm....
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:20 PM

cool beans....thanks for the update...ill keep these in mind!

My ION for sale $10,500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in