Endlinks For Autocross - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversatrn
how was the install??..any tips??. and yes thanks qwikredline!.tx colm.
I had aftermarket endlinks before, way easier to remove than the stockers, although, for stockers i jsut used vise grips and an impact...the trick is getting the vise grips set up so they dont spin/slip.

I used locktite blue on the threads before install...helps keep the nuts on there good and tight....

Since these are adjustable...i measured with a steal ruler from the top of one joint the the bottom fo the other...then made sure the other side was identical...then you tighten the nuts down to prevent the joints (if thats what you call them) from loosening

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Saturn Ion Redline w/LSD
  • GO - GMPP Stage II, K&N Typhoon, Exedy Hyper Single Clutch + Flywheel Kit
  • VELCRO - Eibach Pro-kit, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Coppertop_01's subframe brace, PowerGridInc sway-bar end links, Azenis RT-615s (215/40/17)
  • SLOW- Hawks HPS pads, Powerslot slotted rotors
  • SHOW- blacked out, RKSport 3pc Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11
10-4 good buddy
Hey john, i thought of something the other day...a lad from the motorsports club of Ottawa, has the exact same name as you...spelt identically...I remember when we spoke on the phone that you visited Ottawa from time to time....any possibility you know him?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Saturn Ion Redline w/LSD
  • GO - GMPP Stage II, K&N Typhoon, Exedy Hyper Single Clutch + Flywheel Kit
  • VELCRO - Eibach Pro-kit, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Coppertop_01's subframe brace, PowerGridInc sway-bar end links, Azenis RT-615s (215/40/17)
  • SLOW- Hawks HPS pads, Powerslot slotted rotors
  • SHOW- blacked out, RKSport 3pc Spoiler
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodic
Hey john, i thought of something the other day...a lad from the motorsports club of Ottawa, has the exact same name as you...spelt identically...I remember when we spoke on the phone that you visited Ottawa from time to time....any possibility you know him?
not unless its me lol....my dad Ted was a sometime member of MCO as was I ...

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I had aftermarket endlinks before, way easier to remove than the stockers, although, for stockers i jsut used vise grips and an impact...the trick is getting the vise grips set up so they dont spin/slip.

I used locktite blue on the threads before install...helps keep the nuts on there good and tight....

Since these are adjustable...i measured with a steal ruler from the top of one joint the the bottom fo the other...then made sure the other side was identical...then you tighten the nuts down to prevent the joints (if thats what you call them) from loosening
thats a good starting point, but here is the best. Set the tire pressures, 5 gals of gas no junk in the car or trunk, flat floor (check with a level. The undo one end link )sway bar end will do. You must be able to slide the joint threaded stud into the bar without ANY stress ( preload) Now you are done, lock it down...
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:

thanks much for the tips....will probably get them done on saturday afternoon!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11
thats a good starting point, but here is the best. Set the tire pressures, 5 gals of gas no junk in the car or trunk, flat floor (check with a level. The undo one end link )sway bar end will do. You must be able to slide the joint threaded stud into the bar without ANY stress ( preload) Now you are done, lock it down...
thanks much for the tips on the install AND the tip on which endlink to buy!
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversatrn
thanks much for the tips on the install AND the tip on which endlink to buy!
its amazinghow weight sensitive the car is I put on a cf trunk saved 14 lbs and gained 1.4 inch of ride height now 26 at the back and 25.5 at front to the fender lip ground to fender lip thru axle centre line so the rake is good helps the car turn in altho the rear bar does the most help and the eibach spring combo works great and the powergridinc sway bar links since i put them on bye bye clunnking i luv it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in