Smf - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

I have been following the discussion on the SCCA forums. Seems there is concern about it having an effect on the overall SM entrants, considering SM is already relatively small. It seems most people who compete on a national level have ideal cars built to the rules in their class. Makes since. The RL is perfect to be built to prepared class IMO. I think it could be competitive in SMF too.

I like the idea of raising the minimum weight to 2000. The Civic's already have great classes to play in. A lot of the newer FWD high HP cars are kind heavy, aren't they. I think it would be nice for us guys with engine mods to have a place to play.

I wrote in a while ago expressing my interest in SMF and they replied back saying it would be in the next fast track, which it was. There was a guy at the Toledo Pro Solo last July in a SRT4 complaining that he did not have a chance against the AWD's launch ability. I think that's where it all started.

'04 RL, Pedder's XA coilovers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:19 PM

I'm not trying to discourage you guys, but the IRL will not be competitive with the current SM rules set, even with the new proposed 2000lb min weight it's not going to happen. I've driven one of the top SM civics on occasion, and the thing is just phenominal. I'm speaking of the 1988 Civic of Chris Janusz. I've also owned a national competitive sts civic, and have worked on that a lot. The civics suspension design and geometry is so superior it's not even funny.

That's my 2 bits.

--Adam

1993 Saturn SC2 - STS Prepared Autocross Car - AMR Enhanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Drag racing is for fast cars, autocrossing is for fast drivers"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in