rainy auto-x pics - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:27 PM

wow...you guys constantly seem to place/finish very well...although I don't have DOT slicks...the azenis aren't THAT bad, room for improvement...attached are yesterday's results....35th/95 overall, 5th in my "C" class.

Our club has a modified SCCA classing system, they take your stock class, and place you in an "MCO" class...then assign points for mods, every 15 points yeilds a jump in class. This keeps the competition groups large and a little more competitive, can usually pick up a rivalry or two through the year. IRL is SCCA D-stock, which happens to go into MCO class D, I have 22 points worth of mods, putting me in 'C'. I have 8 points left, which if I get R-comps next year, I will have a grand total of 29...Which should be good enough to jump ahead of those damn mini's!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf soloii_results_2009-06-07.pdf (93.1 KB, 76 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Saturn Ion Redline w/LSD
  • GO - GMPP Stage II, K&N Typhoon, Exedy Hyper Single Clutch + Flywheel Kit
  • VELCRO - Eibach Pro-kit, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Coppertop_01's subframe brace, PowerGridInc sway-bar end links, Azenis RT-615s (215/40/17)
  • SLOW- Hawks HPS pads, Powerslot slotted rotors
  • SHOW- blacked out, RKSport 3pc Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

The RL is now G stock in SCCA classing. Not sure if it will help you in your clubs classing, but it's worth a look if it puts you someplace where you can be more competitive.

'04 RL, Pedder's XA coilovers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM

awesome pics al, Looks like it was alot of fun

2004 onyx black redline
1992 Torch Red z34 lumina getrag 284

I also port and polish lsj heads for a very reasonable price, pm me for details

mods in your sig isn't cool anymore

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alredline04 View Post
The RL is now G stock in SCCA classing. Not sure if it will help you in your clubs classing, but it's worth a look if it puts you someplace where you can be more competitive.
Quote:
MCO Website
2009 MCO Solo II Rules
The following is the MCO car classifications for Solo II events. Please review carefully. It is mostly based upon the Sports Car Club of Vermont system with some modifications. The SCCV system is based upon the SCCA stock classification system as the basis for starting point and then points are added for modifications.

There are Five groupings of cars. Points are added up for modifications, with 15 points jumping up one class, 30 points jumping two classes etc. Additionally for cars that Class D and E, using R Compound tires automatically moves you up one full class. You cannot run R compounds of any kind in Class E. Cars not classified will be placed into most appropriate category by the event Director(s). A car may be re-classed if deemed necessary by the event Director(s).

* Class A - SCCA A Stock/SS
* Class B - SCCA B Stock/C Stock
* Class C - SCCA E Stock /F Stock (F starts with +7pts)
* Class D - SCCA D Stock /G Stock
* Class E - SCCA H Stock

Modification points
Tires

1. DOT tires with a treadwear <=100 (R Compound tires) +10 Except for cars in Class D or E where the points are +15
2. Non DOT rated tires and Kumho 710 and Hoosier A6/A3+15
3. Cheater tires (Azenis, Kumho MX, Hankook RS2, etc) with treadwear <=200 +8
4. Tires that extend beyond bodywork +4
5. Tires that are 20mm or more wider than stock +2

Weight reduction
1. Seat replacement/removal F/R +1/+1
2. Gutted (removal of interior for the purpose of significant weight reduction) Front/Rear +2/+2
3. Lightened hood +1
4. Lightened fenders +1
5. Lightened/Removed bumpers +2
6. Lexan windows +2
7. Removed Power Steering +1

Engine
1. Engine swap - move car to donor's class or +7, whichever is greater (if increased displacement, does not entail displacement points)
2. Increased displacement +5
3. Non original forced induction +10
4. Air intake system +1
5. Variable valve timing system +1
6. High performance carburetor +1
7. Cat-back exhaust system +1
8. Removal of catalytic converter +1
9. Header +2
10. Performance chip for Naturally Aspirated engine +1
11. Performance chip for Forced Induction engine +4 (cannot be selected with Performance Chip for NA engine)
12. Boost controller +4
13. Programmable electronics and fuel injection systems +2 NA +5 Forced Induction
14. Replacement pulleys +1
15. Lightweight Flywheel +1
16. Other internal engine modifications +4
17. Changed Original intercooler/downpipe +2
18. Changed Original turbo/supercharger +3
19. Final Drive/Ring and pinion change +2
20. Add limited slip differential +4
21. Change limited slip differential +2

Suspension/Brakes
1. Performance shocks +2
2. Adjustable shocks +5 (Cannot be selected with Performance shocks)
3. Performance/Lowering Springs +3
4. Full coilover suspension +10 (cannot be selected with other spring/shock combinations)
5. Changed/Added anti-sway bars +3
6. Camber plates/bolts/arms +3
7. Relocated suspension mount points +8
8. Performance brake pads +1

A point of clarification on the points. You take full points for any mod. There is no concept of half points. The points are there assuming the best use of them. If you don't take full use of the available points, you still take full points.

Attached to this post is the Car classed into the MCO base classes. This year I have updated the spreadsheet to only indicate the MCO Base Class. Add your points to this and you have your class.
This is the spreadsheet from our club with all Stock Car Classes....??? SCCA D Stock??
http://www.mco.org/phpbb/download/file.php?id=935

• VELCRO - Eibach Pro-kit, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Coppertop_01's subframe brace, PowerGridInc sway-bar end links, Azenis RT-615s (215/40/17)
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 AM

They shuffled a few cars around durring the off season this year, most of the moves look to be good, but they can be a little confusing.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Hey a question just came to me, do you have a point penalty for the LSD because you added it, or because it was available on later years is it a "free" swap?
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM

They considered it a free swap for me...i did not tell them about the clutch...simply because they did not ask, and it does not affect performance in autocross at all...well a better launch, but on FWD they dont notice it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in