RL's DOMINATE 2009 Solo II LVR Season - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 08:40 AM

yeah i know i know I'm pushing it thinking that. . but i don't think there is any question i won't be at least a bit more competitive...way to burst my bubble john!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Saturn Ion Redline w/LSD
  • GO - GMPP Stage II, K&N Typhoon, Exedy Hyper Single Clutch + Flywheel Kit
  • VELCRO - Eibach Pro-kit, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Coppertop_01's subframe brace, PowerGridInc sway-bar end links, Azenis RT-615s (215/40/17)
  • SLOW- Hawks HPS pads, Powerslot slotted rotors
  • SHOW- blacked out, RKSport 3pc Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 AM

ya gotta get the better rear bar:
Here is why (poached from a 4x4 site)

properties of steel: it is "elastic" in nature - which is a fancy way of saying: up to a point, we can bend it by applying a load, then if we remove the load it will "spring" back to exactly the same shape and size it was originally. We call this elastic deformation.
Of course, we can apply a stress that exceeds the elastic limit of the steel, and if we do, the steel changes from elastic in nature (able to spring back) to plastic in nature - meaning the stress applied, once it passes the elastic limit, will result in a permanent change in shape of the metal. This we call plastic deformation.

Summary mild steel= plastic. treated steel or chromalloy = elastic in this application.
progress? x. Hardcore? +

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 04:34 PM

It's on the list John...$5000 to go to Europe for 3 weeks, tires and a new exhaust will make for a very expensive spring for me..haha

• VELCRO - Eibach Pro-kit, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Coppertop_01's subframe brace, PowerGridInc sway-bar end links, Azenis RT-615s (215/40/17)

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodic View Post
It's on the list John...$5000 to go to Europe for 3 weeks, tires and a new exhaust will make for a very expensive spring for me..haha
Hmmm. Asks for list. *shrugs* Periodic what are you doing? *crosses europe off list* Now you can make your car real fast....u haz monies

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 07:39 PM
SHO

I waxed a cooper S on r comps with star specs the last scca event I went to.......in all fairness though, I'm heavily abusive to my car when racing....alredline, tibbett, and ziggy have witnessed the insanity, and I only had 2 months behind the wheel of it at that point

13 Abarth
05 zx10r turbo
04 zx10r
95 mtx
95 318ti
88 Pulsar SHO
63 IH c1500

05 IRL long gone

drunk tibbett production in progress...

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
Hmmm. Asks for list. *shrugs* Periodic what are you doing? *crosses europe off list* Now you can make your car real fast....u haz monies

haha you make a good point, but I have wanted to take in Europe for a long time now, and finally have the funds to do it. We'll see how things fair out, in 2 months I've already saved 2500 to put towards the trip, so who knows what I'll be able to pull off between now and then...

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Now I'm really jonsing for the season to start up here in Cincy. This might be the year I venture away from the Cincy Dayton area and try Cbus, Indiana or N Kentucky.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
The Professor

when you find something, let me know. i am in washington court house, about an hour from cincy and about 35 min away from cbus, and 45 min from dayton. i am dying to get into auto-x this year
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Cincinnati Points event #1 April 18 Miami U Oxford
WOR (Dayton) Test n Tune April 25 at Kil-Kare
Cbus doesn't have any scheduled yet this season.

In July Cincy is headed to Mid-Ohio for a PDX too.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
The Professor

i would like to do the mid-ohio road course, that's my dream right there. the 1/4 is fun and all, and i will go there sometime this year, but auto-x is my goal right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in