Air Bag Light Under Hard Braking? - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Air Bag Light Under Hard Braking?

Have any other IRL competition (auto-x, club racing) drivers experienced the air bag readiness light coming on under very hard braking? I went from about 70 to 15 in a straight line and the light came on. This was the first auto-x I was at that had a very long straightaway followed by a very tight chicane. I think I threshold-broke perfectly, navigated the chicane, and powered out awesome, except for the DING DING DING, and the light came on. Any clues as to why, or should I get the car serviced?

Pacific Blue 2006 ION Redline w/ Comp Package + Wing
  • GMPP Stage 2
  • K&N Typhoon CAI, Thermal Exhaust, GMPP Extruded/Honed Exhaust Manifold
  • SMS Front Strut Tower Brace, bwoody Rear Strut Bar & Traction Bars, Progress Rear Sway Bar, 225/45ZR17 Potenza RE-11's, GMPP Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, GMPP Knuckles
  • Extra comp. stockers w/ Blizzaks
  • Visual: Painted calipers, Chrome Saturn Lic. Plate Frames, ION Redline Floormats, ION HotWheels on Dash, Decals!!! :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 PM

have the code read at a dealer first. that will determine what your next move is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 09:01 PM

sometimes when I go hard accel with my cutout wide open my airbag light will come on. done it about 4-5 times, never had a problem though but waiting for that day...

Forum favorites: When darkmanX beat me in a roll, the cover page red Redline is right-hand drive, the GMPONE crew and all the other members I met, the few twincharged RL's out there, and of course my original purchases from Ron9919 which gave me my first mod bug.
My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in