Setting up for SCCA Learning Curve (noobie) - Page 15 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:20 PM

To be considered a "street tire" by SCCA standards means a UTQG treadwear rating of 140 or higher. To qualify for Street classes - as opposed to street TIRE classes, they must be DOT stamped. Nationally there are no street tire adjustments. There are street tire classes - the IRL goes to STX - and that's it. Other Street classes allow DOT stamped tires, period, including "R-comps" with treadwear ratings in the 30-80 range.

Those V700's are a very good autocross tire. They have a UTQG treadwear rating of 50. They are a treaded R-comp as opposed to a semi-slick, but an R-comp they are. Nationally, this means they're right for Stock, SM, or SP. They most likely will NOT qualify for any local "street tire" modifiers, which usually have a PAX adjustment - or even separate run group - for cars in those classes running tires with 140+ treadwear ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I try and get with as many dudes as possible when I'm out on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4ckler
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....
RIP "Sally" - Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline Comp Pack

14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...

207 whp, 187 wtq, 100% stock uncorrected numbers on a mustang dyno...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroogis View Post
If you want I can start a new thread so we aren't mucking yours up
Don't you dare...this is great! Wonder how bwxenogears did, he promised pics! Hope he didn't break, srsly.

The thought is pure ambiguous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #143 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
To be considered a "street tire" by SCCA standards means a UTQG treadwear rating of 140 or higher. To qualify for Street classes - as opposed to street TIRE classes, they must be DOT stamped. Nationally there are no street tire adjustments. There are street tire classes - the IRL goes to STX - and that's it. Other Street classes allow DOT stamped tires, period, including "R-comps" with treadwear ratings in the 30-80 range.

Those V700's are a very good autocross tire. They have a UTQG treadwear rating of 50. They are a treaded R-comp as opposed to a semi-slick, but an R-comp they are. Nationally, this means they're right for Stock, SM, or SP. They most likely will NOT qualify for any local "street tire" modifiers, which usually have a PAX adjustment - or even separate run group - for cars in those classes running tires with 140+ treadwear ratings.
Great info!! What tires would you recommend that are legal in a street tire class?

post #144 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 PM

If you're going to run in STX, I would recommend a few street tires. But that limits your mods. If you're in Stock, Sm, or SP and will have a second set of tires for race only, I wouldn't recommend a street tire - get the real deal, run in the regular class. Take-offs are cheaper than good street tires anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I try and get with as many dudes as possible when I'm out on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4ckler
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....
RIP "Sally" - Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline Comp Pack

14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...

207 whp, 187 wtq, 100% stock uncorrected numbers on a mustang dyno...
post #145 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Here's the BFG R-comps that I believe BigBrother was talking about

BF Goodrich G Force R1 USED Racing 225/45/17 ZR QTY-1 | eBay

The thought is pure ambiguous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #146 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

bigbrother, in all honesty, how do the nankangs handle as compared to other street tires in the sub-$500 range?

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in