Setting up for SCCA Learning Curve (noobie) - Page 4 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 AM

I'm sorry, they are DZ101. I drive 2500 miles per month so I needed something with a decent tread life. I have too many engine mods to be in a competitive class anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

UPDATE: Ordered Stoptech premium blanks from Dezod last night and Hawk HPS Pads from Ebay best offer $135 shipped. Progress bar is in the mail and sitting at the last dealer right now that did clutch work to see if they'll step up and fix the close-to-the floor catch.

The thought is pure ambiguous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 07:18 AM

Sounds like a good start!

shroogis - look into the Nankang's I mentioned. I put a ton of miles on my car too - for what you save with those tires, a second et of cheap wheels and some decent race rubber isn't so far off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I try and get with as many dudes as possible when I'm out on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4ckler
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....
RIP "Sally" - Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline Comp Pack

14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...

207 whp, 187 wtq, 100% stock uncorrected numbers on a mustang dyno...

post #34 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:38 PM
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
Nankang Sport NS-1's from discounttiredirect.com via eBay are $236 or so (fluctuates a couple bucks) FOR A SET OF 4 in 235/40/17 - INCLUDING SHIPPING!!
i can't find these on either their website or ebay... how long ago did you buy yours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.

post #35 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Damn - I've purchased 4 or 5 sets from them over the last couple years - last set was less tha 2 months ago - don't see them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I try and get with as many dudes as possible when I'm out on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4ckler
I miss the days when people weren't emo and just hung themselves instead of bitching on youtube....
RIP "Sally" - Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline Comp Pack

14.8 @ 96 mph, 2.3 second 60' - 100% stock on stock tires, 85 degrees out at 2200 ft altitude...

207 whp, 187 wtq, 100% stock uncorrected numbers on a mustang dyno...
post #36 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM

i was able to get a set of eagle f1 gs-d3s in 235/40/17 last year for about $250 shipped on ebay. maybe look there?

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
post #37 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

^^^^ that sounds like a helluva deal too... i personally think the eagle f1's look badass too.

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.

post #38 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM

"badass" doesn't quite cover it, imo.

post #39 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
i was able to get a set of eagle f1 gs-d3s in 235/40/17 last year for about $250 shipped on ebay. maybe look there?
My experience with any Goodyear tire I've ever driven on is once they have a bit of wear, traction goes to hell, especially "in the wet". How do these hold up when they start to wear down?

The thought is pure ambiguous

post #40 of 146 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:52 PM

these tires were unbelievable in the wet when new. that's why i bought them. the main highway in and out of the city has terrible puddle issues when it rains. 1/4" deep rivers of water crossing the road are as if they aren't even there. the tire just cuts right through them.

i don't notice a significant dropoff in wet weather grip as the tire wears, only the corresponding decrease in resistance to hydroplaning. honestly, though, i have never felt the car hydroplane with these tires. since i have gone to wider widths than stock, the tires tend to drag through big puddles at speed, but i think any tire would do that.

i do consider tires used up at 4/32" tread depth. i don't like the idea of having to significantly adjust my speed or driving style for weather. this is the last season for my snow tires, and they are at 6/32".

if it's pouring rain i still expect to be able to go 65 mph with confidence. if it's snowing lightly, i expect to be able to go 65 on my snows with confidence. i do adjust my cornering speeds accordingly.

Last edited by golden chicken; 03-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in