Droxity's local SMOD AutoX build - Page 5 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Update.
  • Clutch master cylinder replaced (OEM) and system bled - crazy how much better it feels when shit works the way it's supposed to
  • John's new-fangled 04 mount on order along with hardcore bar (went with bronze).
  • Koni's, Pedders, swap kit and Powergrid endlinks all sitting in the garage ready to go on. Purchased exhaust pipe cutter, electric impact wrench, heat gun and lube to help things go easier
  • Front H/E still f'd up.
  • SC coupler still not on
  • Still on the lookout for LSD deal

SCCA instructor who runs Koni's is going to help me with my install, hopefully this week. The goal is to have the suspension parts in and H/E fixed (or removed entirely) for Aug 21st event.

The thought is pure ambiguous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 03:19 PM

Nice progress Drox!!
I can only imagine the night and day your about to feel when you perform the suspension swap.

Mods: ZZP stage 3, 2.9 pulley, prefab pcm, 60lbers, AEM gauges, KandN CAI, SPEC stage 3+, ZZP S3 heat exchanger
ZZP long tube header, Strut bar, ZZP rear mount, Progress rear sway bar, Redline Tuning hood struts freshly installed.
post #43 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
Nice progress Drox!!
I can only imagine the night and day your about to feel when you perform the suspension swap.
Doesn't feel like progress yet since all the good new stuff is still sitting in the garage and not on my car but I'm shaking with anticipation (at least I hope it's anticipation and not Parkinson's or something). Thanks for the well wishes sir

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM

remove fmic use stock with option B and dual pass that will do fine for now

post #45 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

And...

Begin. OMW to grab a spring compressor from Autozone and start the suspension install, hopefully with a helping hand from my AutoX instructor who runs konis on his car (focus DSP).

Might need to stop and buy beer too just in case we need to do some thinkin

post #46 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM

Good luck!! Shoot me a PM or FB message if you run into any issues!
post #47 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM

it typically takes me 4-5 beers to even start thinking, good luck!

Forum favorites: When darkmanX beat me in a roll, the cover page red Redline is right-hand drive, the GMPONE crew and all the other members I met, the few twincharged RL's out there, and of course my original purchases from Ron9919 which gave me my first mod bug.
My
post #48 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity View Post
And...

Begin. OMW to grab a spring compressor from Autozone and start the suspension install, hopefully with a helping hand from my AutoX instructor who runs konis on his car (focus DSP).

Might need to stop and buy beer too just in case we need to do some thinkin
you can call or email if you run into issues. at the shop saturday. good luck and be careful with the spacers big on the bottom, thin on top, of the bearing. a little slimycone will keep them in place while u assemble....cheers

post #49 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Shroogis for offering to help with any questions. Thanks as always to Mr. Powell for his vast knowledge and generosity and to Hawlyns for the well wishes...but we got-r-dun all in one shot tonight. Gotta throw a shout-out to Big Brother for selling his Konis to me off his dearly departed RL.

Just over 4 hours from 1st jack stand under the car til completion. Things go WAAAAYYY faster with someone else helping. Electric impact was a lifesaver! No heat gun needed for the rears, just some real good lube

Dropping at the shop for the alignment tomorrow (same guy that helped me tonight)...Ride is way smoother and steering response seems to be much quicker as well...Forgive the crappy cell phone pics in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-12_21-00-47_976.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	15700   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-12_21-00-24_105.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	15701  

Last edited by Droxity; 08-12-2011 at 09:26 PM.
post #50 of 421 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 PM

congrats. job well done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in