My New Autocross Car!! - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Talking My New Autocross Car!!

Well guys, finally it has happened. I have just purchased my new dedicated autocross / play car. It is a 1991 Civic Si, maxed to the SCCA STS Class rules. I drove it this past weekend for the first time at an autocross in Hershey, PA and what a blast it was (picture below). That was enough to convince me that this is the car I want.

It has a freshly rebuilt engine with only 3,000 miles, and the suspension setup is just awesome. Just figured I would let guys know. Link below is a page compiled by the previous owner, and lists all modifications and more pictures and videos.

http://www.saturnspd.com/91si/

1993 Saturn SC2 - STS Prepared Autocross Car - AMR Enhanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Drag racing is for fast cars, autocrossing is for fast drivers"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 06:25 PM

what kind of mods can you do to stay in that class. There is a lot of potential to the lil civics.

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Well to stay within STS there is really nothing more I can do to the car. If I did anything internally to the engine it would throw me up a class. STS is more or less all suspension and only bolt on engine modification. The car is setup prefectly right now.

Maybe next year I will work on a high compression motor and goto the next class up, which is street mod.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 06:33 PM

cool looks like a fun lil car to play in.

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 06:44 PM

looks like fun
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 08:27 PM
nka

think I saw this car somewhere ?

You post it on Honda Tech or Montreal Racing ?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Are you the one who runs the Susquehanna Autocrosses with us in the Black Redline?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Xau

Adam,

It my black redline (ie the one that nailed the cones and caused your rerun ) - And i see you bought mike's car? what is he going to drive next year?

Xau
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 02:29 PM

I was looking at this and I thought the car looked familiar. Hope you like the car and hope you enjoy winning the class every time out there. That car is unstoppable.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Yea it was loads of fun this past event. I didn't get to see much of either of your guys runs though. And I wanted to talk to you about the car too as I was thinking of buying one.

Cant wait till next season to get out there and race it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in