Home made welded on strut bar for $20 - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 01:45 PM

I'm not saying what you did is a bad thing, I'm just saying its not a strut brace. It's an upper body brace that the struts happen to be bolted through. I'm sure it does help because you are making the upper body stronger and all in all prolly works better than just a generic brace because instead of just linking the top of the struts you have linked the body that the struts mount to.

Regardless the only reason I chimed in was because of the shitty attitude to a senior member who gave you a simple opinion, he didn't bad mouth or put your idea down and neither did I, and still you were a prick about it. Like I said before if you don't want opinions then you shouldn't post. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

--------------------------------------

Last edited by stockcar44; 07-25-2014 at 11:52 AM.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 03:36 PM

I really don't understand what the issue is. This could of been done in a civil manner.
As far as I am concerned, recaro and redline1313 are two senior members on here that go out of there way to help people on a daily basis, who have a great deal of respect on here. If you don't want people commenting or opinions, its as simple as don't post, or don't sign on. We don't need this kind of attitude here.
I wasn't even going to chime in, but its a bit immature and ridiculous to act like this.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
06 Ion Redline

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliemo View Post
I really don't understand what the issue is. This could of been done in a civil manner.
As far as I am concerned, recaro and redline1313 are two senior members on here that go out of there way to help people on a daily basis, who have a great deal of respect on here. If you don't want people commenting or opinions, its as simple as don't post, or don't sign on. We don't need this kind of attitude here.
I wasn't even going to chime in, but its a bit immature and ridiculous to act like this.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Nobody was being mean or a dick in their comments and then you want to act like a jerk... ain't nobody got time for dat.

Black 2006 Redline Comp Package

#TeamRecall
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

-----------------------------------

Last edited by stockcar44; 07-25-2014 at 11:51 AM.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:08 PM

all redline1313 said is that you worded it wrong. and all recaro did was voice an opinion. last I checked, were aloud to have opinions. you should expect that coming onto a forum, that most of these guys have been on since it started. Also, the point of the forum is for people to post information about the cars, so it would be a tad bit pointless for me to be on here if I am not going to read anything. you got off on the wrong foot telling recaro what you did. you don't want feedback, then don't post. simple.
or, you can try again, and see both points of views of it instead of just thinking things are your way, and that's it. like I said, you don't want opinions, sharing of ideas, knowledge, don't post then.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
06 Ion Redline
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockcar44 View Post
Yes it could have gone better but it was the senior members that cut up my attempts to share something that works. How about 'good for you, thanks for sharing' feedback instead of stupid comments about how it looks or how it's not this or that. It took a Junior member see the worth of my sharing. I will share no more if that's the feedback I can expect from senior members. And if you don't like my retaliatory comments you don't have to read them. Kind of works both ways don't cha think?
It's pretty simple, man. They were civil, you were not. That sums it up.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

-----------------------------

Last edited by stockcar44; 07-25-2014 at 11:51 AM.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockcar44 View Post
Recaro, can't say I really give a shit whether you like it of not.
I guess you're not understanding that this is not the way to talk to people on here without giving the people a chance to get to know you first. All redline1313 did was state terminology. It is not that we don't like sharing information, but we do it in a respectable matter. NEVER have I had an issue with someone on this forum in all the time I have been using it.
I think it was also obvious that it wasn't just me seeing this as flat out disrespect. Last I checked, you have to show respect, to receive respect. Try it out sometime.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
06 Ion Redline
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:59 AM

All in all nobody bad mouthed your idea. You were the first to be a prick about anything. Recaro commented it wasn't in his taste and I commented it is a body brace not a strut bar. WTF is the problem in that.

Your junior member partner pointed out facts actually that I was correct. You connected the top of the strut towers with a welded component making the upper part of the car stiffer this creating an upper body brace. IT'S A GREAT IDEA. If I had a welder I would have done something like this as well along time ago. I also pointed out that a STRUT bar links the top of the struts together making it so when cornering the struts work together instead of seperate.

IMO your setup would be better for racing and a plain bar would be better for ride cornering.

I think the only thing I would have done different on your setup would have been to just use a solid bar and not use the adjustable rod. I wouldn't think it would need to be adjusted just made solid. You could even take it a step farther and do like the mustangs used to and do a cross link.

New ideas are always welcome just don't have a fit if people have opinions.
Now if someone stepped up and said THAT LOOKS LIKE SHIT I would understand yer reaction I have been there. If you look at my pics I prolly have one of the most personalized rides on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in