Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Hello...new to this forum

5K views 62 replies 28 participants last post by  Bottoz 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Don't have a redline per se, but my car (Ariel Atom) is powered by a supercharged Ecotec so there is some commonality between us.

Signed up to check out some of the more technical info on the Ecotec, and maybe do a little socializing too. I'll try not to be too weird. :freak5:

For those of you who are interested, here's a pic of my Atom:

See less See more
#4 ·
welcome wool - hope you put me down as a referrer ;)

your car is uber pimp man, when did you get 'er? where do you live? how's it drive?

#7 ·
Ooooo....an Atom....

I wish I had expendable cash, but being in college sucks sometimes.

Lots of good info here, just spend some time poking around and you'll find a lot.

#8 ·
It's powered by a 300hp 2.0L supercharged Ecotec. I don't have too much more technical info about it (yet)...that's one of the reasons I joined this board. I figure I'll learn more about the powerplant here. :)

#10 ·
mrwoolery said:
Hi folks,

Don't have a redline per se, but my car (Ariel Atom) is powered by a supercharged Ecotec so there is some commonality between us.

Signed up to check out some of the more technical info on the Ecotec, and maybe do a little socializing too. I'll try not to be too weird. :freak5:

For those of you who are interested, here's a pic of my Atom:

i hate you

#11 ·
Very nice man..very nice. I'm not sure if they use our same PCM or not.. I wonder if they changed any internals or not with the 300hp build..hmmmmmm or if it's 300bhp or 300whp

#14 ·
mrwoolery said:
It's powered by a 300hp 2.0L supercharged Ecotec. I don't have too much more technical info about it (yet)...that's one of the reasons I joined this board. I figure I'll learn more about the powerplant here. :)
Do you know anything about the ECM? Is it OBDII compatable?

#15 ·
I assume, though it's stage III, it's not running nitrous?

I'm sure they have there ways of eeking out 300 hp w/o a bottle lol. Hell stage II with a different pulley and better tune can easily give you 300 crank, and with some work 300 whp.

#16 ·
SLSduke82 said:
I assume, though it's stage III, it's not running nitrous?

I'm sure they have there ways of eeking out 300 hp w/o a bottle lol. Hell stage II with a different pulley and better tune can easily give you 300 crank, and with some work 300 whp.
I assume that his car is not running an A/C compressor, and they may have even swapped a smaller (amperage wise) alternator in there, too, so that'd already give him a headstart in power.

#17 ·
Shabodah said:
I assume that his car is not running an A/C compressor, and they may have even swapped a smaller (amperage wise) alternator in there, too, so that'd already give him a headstart in power.
Mmm..that reminds me.. I need to get on that when I yank my motor. New bracket :D

#18 ·
Does it have the F35 trans?

#20 ·
See, now the last review/article I saw on the atom was that they were available w/ the base 205hp LSJ, or with the stage kit upgrades, never heard a 300hp rating, but I wouldn't doubt it if they used a similar build as the GMPD.

#25 ·
he said he got his for $50k, and they're now $85k for similar - prices have been going up steadily since introduction :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.