Forum thoughts....... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Forum thoughts.......

With the recent talk of adding an archive for important and imformative posts and the general dislike of the "Kills Section" I was thinking and here's what I thought up:

#1. Eliminate the Kills Section. It is too full of troll's and too bloated with b.s. Plus, I believe it leads the impression that this site promotes street racing. Keep the "kills" limited to the track and the posts limited to the drag/road racing section. As well, keep this forum heavily moderated to keep out the crap.

#2. As many have mentioned, create an archive section to store important technical posts relating to vehicle maintance and modification. There have been many informative posts that have dissapeared into the forums that, due to posts of similar but less helpfull nature, are nearly impossible to search for.

#3. Create a "technical section" that is limited to only tuning, emitions and computer specific chat. Stuff like ECM information, wiring and electrical chat, wide band and so on. As well, this forum should be heavily moderated to keep out the "whats wide band" and "what happens if I take out the cat" type of posts.

I really would like to see some moderators put into place to, well, moderate the crap. If the kills section is eliminated, wich I think it should be, the b.s. is going to migrate to other sections. It seems like alot of good people here have been getting frustrated with some of hte worthless bantor that has been posted recently. Granted this is a public message forum and people are free to post pretty much what ever they want to but I belive that some of it should be controlled, especially if people are coming here looking for help modifying there vehicle finding loads of conjecture and troll posts bashing our cars rather than usefull information. Moderators, I hope, are going to help keep this to a minimum, just wish they would be picket and put to work.

Any thoughts on my thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 PM

Sounds good to me, it would be great to have a technical database to draw from.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:12 PM

Agreed. I second....disregard...third this motion.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:24 PM

I like the kills section, it provides 80% of the entertainment that this site has to offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 PM

Im still waiting activation for the moderator job. Man I wonder if Im still eligable? I would still love to do it.

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
Any thoughts on my thoughts?
I agree with eliminating the 'Kills' section. Although it's quite entertaining, I always felt it was very childish. Take it to the track! Also, I never saw the point of having a 'General Discussion' section and a 'Ion RedLine Discussion' section. Both sections seem to have similar posts. Lets try to simplify and possibly reduce duplicate types of sections. Just have one 'Discussion' section along with 'Performance', 'Visual', 'Racing' and 'Media' sections. Just an idea.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:37 AM

Agreed As Stated In My Post In Spooner's Thread
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 06:15 AM

Agreed, as stated in paragraph 4, subsection 3, under the guidelines for such, and so forth, with or without the consent and regard of said statements made under the assumption that it is serious in nature and content, thus, making it completely agreeable, corresponding to chapter XXVI.

Don't go to Cottman Transmission of New Port Richey,FL:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 08:49 AM

Well I too like the kills section for a fun entertaining read once in a while. If I had to vote though, remove it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

A little off of my own topic but yrethguad, I frikin laugh out loud every time I see that gif!

That's halarious (yet sick and morbid at the same time)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in