Forum Moderation - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
yes they do change, you go from being a member to having to uphold rules and boundries set forth by the Staff, which is exactly what I meant.
And that apparently affects the attitude of a person?
So, your telling me that one day you can be joking and making off topic comments, and side railing threads... but the next day you are not allowed to... right?

Truth be told... things don't change.
I'm hoping that a moderator has some of status to start with, who obeys the rules, and is focused on the better of the community.... therefore no change should occur. The only difference, is that instead of reporting the topic to a mod... they would deal with the issue directly, and appropriately.

Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
the HepKitty

Things do indeed change, there are certian members here whom I won't mention, that I believe most would agree if they were made a moderator, they would have to discontinue certian behaviors that they currently engaging in, but these behaviors are probably what keeps them from moderation consideration to begin with, so we'll agree to disagree on that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chantilly Lace, the rollin Rockabilly jukebox!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion

What the heck, I'll throw my hat into the ring for being a moderator. I peruse every day, I have an interest in seeing how to sections, etc... be updated to appropriately reflect things, and for the admins I used to be a vendor which means I know how crappy and frustrating it is when people try to get free advertising while the rest of us are paying. I won't argue that I know everything about the LSJ, but I can certainly think of interesting topics to bring up to help educate people and of course I know most of the quirks of the vehicle since I own an 04 and have been on here since then.

In addition, I have some biting sarcasm and a good sense of humor which allows me the ability to brush off cheap jabs which would be beneficial for the forums in that overreaction would not take place.

Ra Ra Cynic FTW!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:01 PM

If you're fit for the job... things shouldn't have to change.
If you're questionable for the job, or need direction to do the job... thing might have to change.

In the case of most forums... the admin team should be selecting someone based on them being fit for the task.

Tyler
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:09 PM
the HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_5 View Post
If you're fit for the job... things shouldn't have to change.
If you're questionable for the job, or need direction to do the job... thing might have to change.

In the case of most forums... the admin team should be selecting someone based on them being fit for the task.
which again I disagree with you. Each individual is different and some would require drastic change as a moderator.

And even some who 'are fit for the job' as defined by the staff and not any regular members opinion, would have to change to atleast some extent.

With that said I do see points of your side, though still disagree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chantilly Lace, the rollin Rockabilly jukebox!!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 PM

Drastic Change for a person to become moderator = not fit to do the job = Should not be a moderator. So far this is What ive gathered from page 2, and I whole heartedly agree. In my 2 years of moderating there were no "drastic changes". If your apart of the community, and are actually a participant rather than someone lurking in the shadows, then the job should be no challenge.
Alpha (Corey) is a good example. The man was an outstanding member, and seems to be a very good moderator as well. The only "drastic change" that effected him was the nifty moderator control panel. I cant see it being much more difficult.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
And even some who 'are fit for the job' as defined by the staff and not any regular members opinion, would have to change to atleast some extent.
And to that point, I say, it does not make them fully fit for the job.
A respected, and knowledgeable member is generally one that is very involved with the forum community. If they are not, they have the added task of gaining the trust of the forum, while in a 'mod' position.

Tyler
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Garage
This nice thread is beginning to become a personal battle of sorts, one that should be taken off the open forums and into PMs. It appears the thread has been derailed and now will be closed. If anyone is interested in moderating, please feel free to send me a PM about it and we will take your name into consideration. Thanks for the input and your informative post about what your source thinks moderation is all about. Cheers!

Nadeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just for the record.... I don't join in on bashing him. I bash him independently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in