My S-10 Build - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

My S-10 Build

Just picked her up on Satuday morning 5/8/10. Soon as i saw that it was up forsale again i refused to let it get away. This is more of a sentimental piece then anything to me. My first vehicle was identical to this one,looks wise, and it's like gettin the chance to own my first ride again, just nicer and at the point that i wanted mine to originally be.

For the record, here's my old truck. (only picture i have of her)

Now, on to business..

As she sits:

Body:
-All new sheetmetal other than the cab and doors within the past couple years, will be replacing the cab in due time.
-New windshield and molding.
-New chrome bumper
-New paint.
-New mirrors
-3" cowl fiberglass hood, getting painted in the next week or so.

Interior:
-Brand new ACC black carpet kit with added backing
-Headliner getting redone this week
-Pioneer cd/mp3 player and Pioneer dash speakers

-Autometer water temp,volts and oil pressure gauges

Motor:
-350 bored .30 over (355)
-10.5:1 Compression
-Unknown cam (believed to be 470ish lift)
-Flat top pistons
-X rods
-Steel crank
-462 Fuelie heads
-Roller rockers
-Holley aluminum intake
-Holley 650 carb
-Shorty headers
-New exhaust piping leading to Flowmaster 40s
-Around 10-12k since being rebuilt

Trans:
-Rebuilt 700r4
-Corvette servos
-Shift kit
-B&M Quick Silver ratchet shifter
-Small stall converter

Rearend:
-3.42 Posi

Wheels/tires:
-Late 80s/early 90s Z28 wheels in very good condition
-No name decent tread tires up front, 275/50 Mickey Thompson ET Streets on the rear with maybe 1,000 miles on them and 2 passes at the track and one hell of a burnout Saturday night

Future:

Body:

-New cab eventually as there is some sign of bondo work to the roof of the cab and im not to fond of that or the looks of it..

-Cowl Hood getting painted in the next week or so.

-Sealed Beam Headlight Conversion

-New factory taillights

-Window tint

- Vinyl tonneau cover

Interior:

-New race seats and harness's

-Redo headliner

-New steering wheel/quick release

-Fix a few odds and ends that have worn over time

Engine:

- I'm VERY happy with how the truck runs at this point. It's definately well built and strong. For the most part i'll just polish it up a little and repaint the block, for now. I definately want to do a 100 shot or so, i figure that'll do for now..

Wheels/Tires:

-It has a set of late 80's/early 90's Z28 wheels on it which isnt exatly my favorite wheel. Im gonna paint them black for the time being. Eventually im gonna go with a black/polished lip Torque Thrust or some other sort of oldschool/modern wheel in a 18x8 up front and a 18x10 in the rear.

Also working on lowering it a little as we speak

only engine shot i have at the moment:

I really do enjoy this truck, everyone that's rode/seen it that knows what they're talkin about seems to like it. I've already had more compliments and random people ask me about it then any other vehicle i've owned. I'm not gonna lie, there's really nothing like owning a V8. Im not too worried about my track times with it or anything i just wanna enjoy it and enjoy the times i have working on it, as this is going to be a father/son project between me my father and younger brother...

3/10/10

Here's a few more shots of the truck:

Story behind this next picture. So im mowing the backyard, which takes some time seein that we have a good sized back yard. I stop to get a drink, what do i hear? The sound of a V8 and spinning tires. What do i see when i get up to the driveway? My dad, in my truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBOX Live ID: twitch235

Last edited by Twitch; 05-11-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Boost get some.

Looks pretty clean I like that justaion plate you have in the window lol.

When you realize that turbo lag sucks you man up and get twincharged!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

haha gotta have something there til its legal

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Nice. I have always wanted to do an S-Truck project.

GM should have made an S10 SS. It would have been crazy popular and I think sport trucks would be as popular as sport compacts these days.

06 Silver RL |
|
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMredline View Post
Nice. I have always wanted to do an S-Truck project.

GM should have made an S10 SS. It would have been crazy popular and I think sport trucks would be as popular as sport compacts these days.
if they would'ev only kept the syclone alive and made the extreme more then a sticker/bodykit package..

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
if they would'ev only kept the syclone alive and made the extreme more then a sticker/bodykit package..
I know. They where on to something with the turbo V6. Just think if they would have continued to develop that technology and start to expand across the rest of their engine line.

Every GM car today would have a turbo option and they would all get great fuel economy.

GM could have been side by side with Mitzubishi in starting the sport compact "tuners" trend. The chevy cavalier could have had a turbo in it for the last 30 years!

06 Silver RL |
|
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMredline View Post
I know. They where on to something with the turbo V6. Just think if they would have continued to develop that technology and start to expand across the rest of their engine line.

Every GM car today would have a turbo option and they would all get great fuel economy.

GM could have been side by side with Mitzubishi in starting the sport compact "tuners" trend. The chevy cavalier could have had a turbo in it for the last 30 years!
yeah, they sure as hell were on to something, they had one hell of an oppertunity and blew it, on several occasions, they could be on top instead of where they are now..

lol at factory turbo cavalier

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 04:41 PM
SPARTA!!!

V8 S-10s are sick. Mine's not really all that powerful and it still hauls major ass.

"No one jumps on the Cleveland Browns bandwagon; if you're on it, you've been there since birth"
R.I.P. Ahriman a.k.a. one of the coolest dudes Ive ever had the privilege of speaking to. You Are Missed
"The Racetrack Is No Place For Snacks & Fancy Cakes!!!"
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

you has V8 S-10 too?

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

updated first post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in