Saturn Ion Special Edition - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Saturn Ion Special Edition

So here I am in Orange Park FL. I find the Saturn dealer and see a QC3 with and aero wing in white. I decide to pull in and check it out. First thing I notice is a "Special Edition" badge on the side under the Saturn logo. The Intrument Cluster is out of a cometition redline. And the seats are the same as the Racaro's except they are red and have the Saturn logo where the Racaro logo should be. The back seats had the same pattern. The seats were not as stiff as ours either. The door panels had a red fabric on them as well. And a short throw shifter.

The only thing it was missing was the redline body kit. The car did look very sharp. But under the hood it was still a QC3. All show no go. The salesman asked if I wanted to drive it. I said I would only be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 12:47 PM

engine 2.2 or 2.4? because i was told by someone at saturn that they were comming out with a 2.4 that would be between the redline and the regular qc and had the option of non 5spd so that might be it. this could have all been bad info i got but sounds like what you saw could have been it. pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999 Camaro SS - Turbo - Built motor - blah blah blah
2003 Corvette Z06 - Hurst Shifter, thats it for now
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 12:51 PM

if you go to chevycobalt.com they now have a coupe and sedan 1ss package. It has the new 2.4 and auto or stick. Kinda lame to call it an ss but I wouldnt be surprised if the ions went in the same direction.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 02:03 PM

Regular IONs aren't that bad. I have one dammit.

[SIZE=0]Though I wish I had a redline[/SIZE]
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnd00d
Regular IONs aren't that bad. I have one dammit.

[SIZE=0]Though I wish I had a redline[/SIZE]
You should buy the sms turbo kit, I havent heard of anyone doing this on a qc yet and I'm interested on the 1/4 mile times. But then again its not my money either.

05 CGM STi, BC 2.71L stroker, Ported & polished heads, BC race cams, Ti retainers and inconel +1mm valves, Swain coated pistons, T4Z hta ar 1.06 (bigger than the gt35r I had
, coolingmist vari-cooler, Perrin FMIC, TXS DTEC, TXS Utec (for launch controls and map based mapping, invidia N1 catback, perrin "sways and endlinks", UR 1200cc injectors, agency power pulley, walbro 255, cobb v2 ap protuned by surgeline tunning Tim Baily

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister redlines
You should buy the sms turbo kit, I havent heard of anyone doing this on a qc yet and I'm interested on the 1/4 mile times. But then again its not my money either.
I may have to go that route myself.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 07:41 PM

It's just a car the dealer customozied. The dealers here do them once in a while. Then they probably added another $10,000 markup on top of the sticker.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Used to do stuff like that here. They did one with a Starsky and Hutch stripe and it sold fast. But, another was a Lime Green QC that got the Xenon Bodykit (One with Center Exhaust if I am wrong) and Rims/Tires and it took them about a year and a half to sell it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

You know I didn't even look at the price tag. I will have to go back
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:29 PM

Arrow

ya, at the Saturn of Des Moines (Iowa) dealership right now, they have a "General Lee' ion. its orange with the numbers and flag on it. it also has some kind of rims, and one of those black bar things in the front, and the headlights are darkened.
not too bad, i guess

SOLD: 2004 Saturn ION Redline - She will be missed!
Current Ride: 2012 Nissan 370Z NISMO

Former Redline Mods: GM Stage 2, K&N Cold Air Intake, 17" Motoring Drifters, Autometer Boost Gauge, Aeroforce Interceptor

1 of 1012 Onyx Black 2004 Ion Redlines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in