Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

$8,250 Ion Red Line

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  1Redline 
#1 Β·
#15 Β·
Maybe not worth that much, but with all the head/valve work done plus cooling and other mods, I bet it’s damn close to 300. Plus if you paid 3000 for a very clean one, how much would all those mods/work cost in the end? Honestly I’d probably pay close to 6k for that and the work that’s done to it. But I never plan on making any money on it either or selling it, but that’s just me.

#3 Β· (Edited)
Definitely well illustrated

nice engine work

#4 Β·
I like mine much better, I prefer any year other than a 2004. I have almost all of the exact same upgrades on my 2006 including brembo brakes. I have 70k original miles and would be lucky to get $4500-$5000 out of mine which is still less than I have in upgrades. Because of that I would probably never sell it. In my opinion these cars are very badas* and extremely undervalued. As a matter of a fact I believe the Kelly Blue Book is only around $2200 last time I checked so all I can say is good luck on selling for $8000

#5 Β·
IIRC this is not the first I've seen this car for sale..
Money invested in car very very rarely means increased sales value unless it's iconic or some kind of rare collector.. even then MEH. he will never get that price unless simone buys it not knowing what there doing..

I will never sell my redline.. I have to finish mods
😎

#6 Β·
2004 ion redline started it :wink2:

#7 Β· (Edited)
I did not know that the aero wing was not available on the 2004 like stated in the advertisement - There was a 2003 ion with the aero wing - in an internet video - sure you all seen this.

....not sure what this was but looks like a half ion coupe and half redline

#8 Β·
I mean I’m not gonna lie, I overpaid for mine, but I had been looking for 3 years, and mine came with a shit ton of parts including 2 spare transmissions and 1 was a LSD with 5K on it. In the end who cares what it costs as long as you know what you’re paying for and what you’re getting into

#9 Β· (Edited)
I knew very little about the ion redline and the 1st one I looked at I let go - I was looking at a stock 2005 and it was in almost new condition (back in 2013) - it was about $9000

So I was not sure about that. :|

luckily I waited 6 months and got a stage 2 kit with my 2004

#11 Β·
[QeUOTE=1Redline;1313866]I knew very little about the ion redline and the 1st one I looked at I let go - I was looking at a stock 2005 and it was in almost new condition (back in 2013) - it was about $9000

So I was not sure about that. [img= class=inlineimg]/forums/images/RedlineForums_2016/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/img]

I knew some things, but only from what I read on different forums. I owned a 2003 Ion QC for 13 years, and minus the engine and transmission, the rest was the same. But I am still learning a lot about Redlines lol! Currently troubleshooting an engine noise seeing if it’s a timing chain noise or not! Sooo much to learn just about that.

luckily I waited 6 months and got a stage 2 kit with my 2004[/QUOTE]

#12 Β·
I owned a 2003 Ion QC for 13 years, and minus the engine and transmission, the rest was the same.

Ya got me beat there - I owned the ion sedan for 10 years

I "traded" the sedan for the redline - mostly because I liked the center piece. The interior on the sedan is a lot different than the redline but the front deck and center console is like I have been driving the same car for 16 years.

My 2004 Ion redline looks about 3-5 years old -
It could use some new parts here and there but at times it looks like the tractor-trailer just droped it off at the Saturn dealership from Spring Hill, Tennessee.

#13 Β·
QUOTE=I owned a 2003 Ion QC for 13 years

what year is your redline?

#14 Β·
QUOTE=I owned a 2003 Ion QC for 13 years

what year is your redline?[/QUOTE

04, wannabe comp LOL! Just installed new clutch, and all hydro components, replacing old Methanol injection pump, then on to diagnosing to see if my timing chain is starting to go.

Previous owner replaced chain tensioner but told me he did not release it like your supposed to, just put it in and started it up. So I think I’m just gonna order the whole Cloyes chain/guide kit and be done with it!

#16 Β· (Edited)
good points about the engine work

I have never seen some much work done to the ion redline - congrats to the builder!

If we wanted to have this work done by a professional ...$$$

Think DYNO results would help the sale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.