The impossible to bleed clutch. - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 Old 07-18-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
dont_blink

The impossible to bleed clutch.

So after a night and half today under the hood of my car I finally found the PERFECT way to bleed our clutch. Standard way that is commonly known way to do it is to put a hose on the bleeder valve and put the other end submerged in a container of brake fluid, pump the pedal a few times, turn the kno

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MandyGirl on 02-01-2014, 12:02 AM
The impossible Redline Bleed

This thing has a constant flow of fluid from the Clutch piston down to the connection to the transaxle. Looking through the hole on the Bell housing the through out is moving but just barely touching the clutch springs. Does air get trapped in the fluid tube between the bleeder and the through out bearing The rubber grommet is on the bellhouse bulkhead connector some I'm a little perplexed?
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
philzoot007 on 02-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Air get trapped in the in the throw out bearing itself. Usually I bench bleed the tob itself before instalation. But I'm guess it's to late for u to do that LOL.

F_ck Bates

MandyGirl on 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
The Impossible Bleed

Correct! We were able to get the air out of the release bearing through the snap cap on the tranny. Car is back on the road and running well.
Thank you for all your insight!
M
philzoot007 on 02-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Glad we could help ya out. Happy to see it's fixed.

F_ck Bates
stockcar44 on 06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
I tried all that bleeding but still had trouble until I found that there was play in the peddle before it actually began to push on the clutch push rod. There is a plastic bushing in the pocket of the peddle are and mine had all be disintegrated. The Fix: Un-clip the clutch hose at the transmission. Push the clutch peddle down to get the push rod out of the way. Remove what's left of the bushing. I replaced mine with a hard rubber faucet washer that you get in an assortment kit at the hardware store. I found the one with the right diameter and stuffed it in. Position the push rod in the pocket and re-clip the clutch hose. I did not even need to bleed the line. All fixed in 10 minutes and the clutch feel is so much easier and the damn thing works like it is supposed to.
MandyGirl on 06-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Saw a bounce and I'd just like to thank everyone for helping. Turned out leaving the cap off and tapping was the best way to get it bled. Took some time though.
M
Rowdydudeman on 06-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockcar44 View Post
I tried all that bleeding but still had trouble until I found that there was play in the peddle before it actually began to push on the clutch push rod. There is a plastic bushing in the pocket of the peddle are and mine had all be disintegrated. The Fix: Un-clip the clutch hose at the transmission. Push the clutch peddle down to get the push rod out of the way. Remove what's left of the bushing. I replaced mine with a hard rubber faucet washer that you get in an assortment kit at the hardware store. I found the one with the right diameter and stuffed it in. Position the push rod in the pocket and re-clip the clutch hose. I did not even need to bleed the line. All fixed in 10 minutes and the clutch feel is so much easier and the damn thing works like it is supposed to.
if that fails, here's the actual bushing. Part #22697429
BUSHING,CLU M/CYL PUSH ROD 22697429
stockcar44 on 06-28-2014, 03:46 AM
Thanks RowdyDudeMan. I didn't even give it a chance trying to find that little part in some obscure catalog. I'll pick one up now.
niknoc23 on 10-05-2014, 03:15 PM
The bleeder that is on the line out of the transmission doesnt have a rypical bleeder... it is an integral piece of plastic, like part of the line with a rubber cover on it to seal it... how to I bleed that?
recaro86 on 10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
That rubber nipple pops off and yes it is a typical bleed port
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in