How To: Sub/Stereo/Amp Install with Factory Radio *non-AAS* - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 64 Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrdan

How To: Sub/Stereo/Amp Install with Factory Radio *non-AAS*

Alright....well I made just a little bit of progress today on my sub install while using the factory radio with my non-AAS system in my '07

First off.....flip down the rear seats and pull the plastic push pins out that hold the back shelf down. A "panel/trim puller" (like from Crutchfield) reall

Last edited by snobrdrdan; 06-28-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

handyjoe on 12-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, I have yet again changed my audio plans...so the amp and sub will have to wait anyways.

I had thought about the amps being in the way, but the amount of times I fold my seats down is small, and when I do I'm usually just putting luggage over them or something. But maybe I'll just do an amp rack instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
snobrdrdan on 12-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah I guess it also depends on how you use your car

If you never use the trunk, then load that shit up with a custom box & subs & amps.....lol

But either way.....post some pics if/whenever you do anything

thedubsack85 on 12-04-2006, 03:24 PM
does using a line out convert draw power??? i herd that it does. cant remember the post #. and i have yet to install my system.
snobrdrdan on 12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
According to zfactor, technically yes (and he's a audio guru). Very minimal though & it just converts the speaker signals to an RCA cable output.

If you do what I did.....it's not gonna matter though. My stereo bumps & sounds awesome. Even if I was keeping the car longer (it's a 2 year lease) or was buying it.....I'd still keep my current setup. Looks all factory & no one is gonna be busting into my car to steal it.

It didn't cost me much at all......I got the subs for bass....tweeters for highs....the stock speakers fill out the mids I guess (they suck)....keep the color of the factory dash color (ugly orange) & I can plug in my iPod.

No complaints!
thedubsack85 on 12-21-2006, 06:27 PM
ok im gona try and do it. got a LOC from best buy. and i have the power wires and grounds and speaker wire. but no line taps. gonna shoot u a pm.
snobrdrdan on 12-23-2006, 02:22 AM
I got back to you already

good luck man
Xaven on 02-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Does this work for the AAS? Are all the wire combinations the same?> If not whats the difference? thanks
Redn8r3 on 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
the only reason you should use the rca converter is if your running the stock deck as it does not have rca outputs on the back of it.

aftermarket decks: use the rca outs on the deck, it puts out way cleaner sound and way more power to the amp, (you will notice a difference)

i have always tapped my remote turn on wire (for the amp) right off of the switched 12v wire for the deck. the amp does not draw anything on this line just uses it as a sensor to turn the amp on/off.

that way all the wires you need come right from the deck! clean and easy install.
on the rl i ran both power and ground right to the battery (why not, its right there!) no better way to get cleaner uninterrupted noise free power.
i also wired a cap in place to keep my lights from flickering/dimming. i needed one as i am running 1600 watts total power. most systems are ok without since the rl has a 120 amp alternator.
Xaven on 02-09-2007, 12:27 PM
yes for now im gonna keep using the stock head unit with a amp controler run up front. i just wanted to make sure i could follow the guide for the non AAS systems that is posted
snobrdrdan on 02-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Xaven.....

Well you can tap into the rear speakers still (like I did) and then hook up those connections to the Line Output Converter and that'll create your RCA jacks for you. The wire colors on the rear speakers are different though IIRC since you have the AAS system though. So you'd have to figure those out or find a wiring diagram.

Then run a power wire to the battery and then a ground to bare metal spot or the battery (if you wish--supposed to keep ground wires short)

BUT for the remote turn on wire...you'll just find the pink wire on the harness that plugs into the amp and tap into it there (instead of the passenger foot well like I did)

Make sense???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in