How To: Sub/Stereo/Amp Install with Factory Radio *non-AAS* - Page 6 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 64 Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrdan

How To: Sub/Stereo/Amp Install with Factory Radio *non-AAS*

Alright....well I made just a little bit of progress today on my sub install while using the factory radio with my non-AAS system in my '07

First off.....flip down the rear seats and pull the plastic push pins out that hold the back shelf down. A "panel/trim puller" (like from Crutchfield) reall

Last edited by snobrdrdan; 06-28-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dRykiLL on 10-11-2008, 03:09 PM
good write up I was curious about the AAS thing as well but got my answer. I'll be doiing this shortly after i get an amp install kit. Im hoping one kenwood 350 watt will be able to push 2 10's Guess ill fin out. I'm not looking for a shite load of bass just smething to have a little bit. Walmart also sells the LOc its a Scoshe ofr $17.77. My buddy has one in his 08 Silverado and it works perfectly fine for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
03Sat i RL on 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
ok i no im a noob but...

i have an 03 ion3 and i am trying to put a sub in it.
I have the power and ground hooked up but i do not know where to hook up the remote wire.

If anyone could help a noob out it would be greatly appreciated. Pictures are always good!

thanks - andrew

tranced on 12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
go to the first page. it is the 5th picture down the pink wire. its at passenger kick panel.
pissinguoff247 on 01-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Just bought an '06 Ion, installed subs + amp, no factory wires cut or spliced

Not to zombify old threads, but I thought I'd share my subwoofer install with you guys. I take pride in my stereo installs, it's like therapy to me, and I try to do them as painlessly as possible. I was able to install two 10" subs in my trunk without cutting or splicing a single factory wire.

I went to U-Pull-It, a self service junk yard around here, and clipped about 10" of rear speaker harness wires from a Chevy Cavalier (same harnesses as our Ions). I then went to Best Buy and bought a line out converter and the speaker harness adapters for our cars. I then took the Cavalier speaker harnesses, wired them to the speaker harness adapters, then put the LOC in series in that harness. I was then able to clip the whole shebang in between the factory harness and the factory speakers (which I'll replace eventually) without cutting ANYTHING. I did it before I discovered these forums (and I don't have a Redline) so I didn't think to take pictures... sorry.

Also,

For the amp turn-on signal, I was able to get this neat thing at AutoZone called add-a-circuit. It plugs into your fuse box and adds an additional positive lead up to 10A, basically piggybacking off of an existing circuit (though it adds it, not just splices into it. You'd have to see it). I tapped the 10A radio fuse and ran that to the amp. So... car turns on, amp turns on. Still works with the car-off-delay thing, too, since there's power to the radio until the door opens.

I hope this helps anyone looking to install subs, amps, speakers, etc in their cars.
bluesat on 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
good write up. will be doing this soon just running the wires for rca on the bootom.
SIRedline1104 on 11-30-2011, 01:42 AM
I just bought my 04 Redline on 11/29/11 & i have a system im gonna put in mine when i get time but i have 2 12' Kicker L5s w/an AudioQue 1200 watt amp & 5 Farad Cap.. Just tryin to decided wether or not to get an aftermarket deck or just tie in with a converter ?
THE WESCALINE PROJECT on 05-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I have done this in a couple of my previous cars that did not have head units, and also in my previous Redline. Do you have any kind of problems getting the audio adjusted right? It seems hard to separate the frequency ranges and such
TimTyrant on 07-28-2012, 12:52 AM
So the remote wire has to be fed through to the front pasanger side?
I am trying to install a sub, amp and cap for the first time. Could I just solder the converter to the speaker from the trunk?
Cynic on 07-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Do you have the advanced audio in your car? If so you can tap into the remote wire at the amp. If not, the easiest way (at least with removing the least amount of stuff) is running it up to the radio and connecting to the blue wire going off your deck. You'll have to run the RCA cables up that way anyhow.

Edit: I should clarify I was assuming you were talking the remote power wire. If you mean something else I'm not understanding what you're asking.
TimTyrant on 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Well, being that I did not replace the head unit I had to get a converter
But I got it all hooked up and on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in