How To: Tibbett/Photo Antenna Mod w/Pictures - Page 13 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 146 Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrdan

How To: Tibbett/Photo Antenna Mod w/Pictures

This is by far the best visual mod for FREE!

The stock antenna is in a weird location and there's no replacement antennas available that look halfway decent, but with this mod you can keep your stock antenna and get great reception still but it just won't be seen at all.

I take no credit for t

Last edited by snobrdrdan; 06-25-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BigBrother on 05-09-2008, 11:46 AM
My FM reception dropped my more than I had hoped, but it's not bad. AM is all but nonexistant (not that I care, just checked because).

I am working on antenna mod v2.0, will update when I find the time - after everything else on my plate, lol. Still basically free, slightly more work, better reception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
ALL4GLH on 05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I can careless about reception, I have an Ipod. After a long time of procrastination I'll be doing everything this weekend.

snobrdrdan on 05-10-2008, 03:14 AM
reception stayed the same for me
ALL4GLH on 05-10-2008, 07:24 PM
<<<Another satisfied customer.
Flatlander on 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Need Plug lol

So I did the tuck yesterday, quick and painless thanks the the tutorial. Now for the hard part, tracking down the ever elusive nylon plug. From what I've read, they are hard to find in Regina. The hunt is on....
SpEnTBoY on 07-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander
So I did the tuck yesterday, quick and painless thanks the the tutorial. Now for the hard part, tracking down the ever elusive nylon plug. From what I've read, they are hard to find in Regina. The hunt is on....
I looked all over and found nothing ... ok well I found some plugs but none of them worked. Xero eventually mentioned that he had an extra one and brought it over .. but e did mention his dad found them at Rona I believe so to possibly save you hours of driving around and headache I'd check there first
Margaritaville on 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEnTBoY
I looked all over and found nothing ... ok well I found some plugs but none of them worked. Xero eventually mentioned that he had an extra one and brought it over .. but e did mention his dad found them at Rona I believe so to possibly save you hours of driving around and headache I'd check there first
Save yourself the trouble and don't even bother with the plug. I drove all over town twice looking for it. Then it popped out within a week.
SpEnTBoY on 07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaritaville
Save yourself the trouble and don't even bother with the plug. I drove all over town twice looking for it. Then it popped out within a week.
popped out?? holy ... the one I got from Xero isn't going anywhere ... it snapped in after some convincing and will not budge or even spin in the hole
Dainslaif on 07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEnTBoY
popped out?? holy ... the one I got from Xero isn't going anywhere ... it snapped in after some convincing and will not budge or even spin in the hole
Yeah, mine feels solidly in there as well. If it did come out, you could get another and drop some superglue in there. As for where to find it; you should be able to find it at Lowes or Home Depot, it's in the aisle with the drawers that hold the screws/bolts/nuts.
Margaritaville on 07-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Well maybe I bought the wrong one or something. I snapped it in there, but it wasn't such a convincing snap because it's just going into that flimsy piece. Then about a week later it was gone so I assumed that it got bumped or couldn't handle stayin in on the highway. I didn't try to do it again after that I just accepted that I would have that little hole showing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in