How To: Tibbett/Photo Antenna Mod w/Pictures - Page 6 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 146 Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrdan

How To: Tibbett/Photo Antenna Mod w/Pictures

This is by far the best visual mod for FREE!

The stock antenna is in a weird location and there's no replacement antennas available that look halfway decent, but with this mod you can keep your stock antenna and get great reception still but it just won't be seen at all.

I take no credit for t

Last edited by snobrdrdan; 06-25-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

snobrdrdan on 08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
SHOULD be exactly like the pictures....dunno man

You flipped/turned the bracket over from the way it was on the car orginially, right???

And yeah the tip of the antenna should be facing toward the corner lights/headlights

Did it on my fiance's Ion 3 too, and went like cake.

Take some pictures & post them up so I can see what you're talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Periodic on 08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Dan,
I can't grab pictures this weekend, but I TRIED (hahah) to draw up what I mean on Microsoft Paint.

see why I laughed now..

Ok explaination,

on option 2, the green line is the approximate location of the top of the right fender.

on option 3, the gray is a shadow from where the bracket isn't touching the body....

damnit a picture would help plenty here...I was so confused when i couldn't get my fender back on..I couldn't even lift it up and over the 'knub'....I WILL get pictures ASAP...I'll even show you my wicked antenna spiral mod! haha

snobrdrdan on 08-11-2007, 08:25 AM
It should've been Option 2, but I think you put it in the wrong bolt hole & that's why it was sitting too high.

Use only one bolt & try the lower bolt hole
Periodic on 08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan
It should've been Option 2, but I think you put it in the wrong bolt hole & that's why it was sitting too high.

Use only one bolt & try the lower bolt hole
Did I miss read that from the original instructions?! I had both bolts in the holes, I couldn't figure out how it was wrong, haha it obviously wasn't right though. I don't think I am going to / can change it, the way my stock antenna is all bent up to fit facing downward, I would have to buy a 'new' antenna, then this mod is no longer free!

One bolt makes sense though, It would lower it that extra 1.5 inches, which is about all I needed. I guess just tighten that bolt up real nice and snug and it would spin on the single axis?

Eitherway, I will still try to post up a picture when I can.
snobrdrdan on 08-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodic
Did I miss read that from the original instructions?! I had both bolts in the holes, I couldn't figure out how it was wrong, haha it obviously wasn't right though. I don't think I am going to / can change it, the way my stock antenna is all bent up to fit facing downward, I would have to buy a 'new' antenna, then this mod is no longer free!

One bolt makes sense though, It would lower it that extra 1.5 inches, which is about all I needed. I guess just tighten that bolt up real nice and snug and it would spin on the single axis?

Eitherway, I will still try to post up a picture when I can.
You skipped Step 10.....gotta read carefully....lol

Just tighten the one bolt snugly & it'll hold it in place without a problem

10. Then you wanna put only one of the 10mm bolts back in (the top one) and then tighten it down.
Periodic on 08-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Damnit, well now I apologize for wasting space in this how-to.
mrphoto103 on 08-12-2007, 10:19 AM
lol....this is funny
Periodic on 08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
hahah laugh at the nooob who can't read!
mrphoto103 on 08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
This is like a choose your own adventure book, comedy style. Do I choose a- being a noob, b- being canadian, or c- the idea that a 10min mod has caused so much frustration and confusion lol

I'll take C Chuck. If it were Xero Id take B because he and I love to jokingly insult each others countries. =)

Im just playing with you man, enjoy the new look
snobrdrdan on 08-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphoto103
This is like a choose your own adventure book, comedy style. Do I choose a- being a noob, b- being canadian, or c- the idea that a 10min mod has caused so much frustration and confusion lol

I'll take C Chuck. If it were Xero Id take B because he and I love to jokingly insult each others countries. =)

Im just playing with you man, enjoy the new look

I'm gonna take "screw it up Canadian style for $200, Alex"

Thanks for playing...lol

It's all good Periodic.....once you've done it's easier, obviously. Leave it how you have it or just try and fix it thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in