Oil Change (With Pictures) - Page 4 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
AdamJH225
Lurking Diplomat

Arrow Oil Change (With Pictures)

What you will need:

1 1/4" socket (1/2" drive)
6-10" socket extension (at least 6", but a 10" makes it a LOT easier)
15mm socket
10mm socket
Oil pan
Ramps or Jack Stands
6-7 quarts Mobil 1 Full-Synthetic 5W-30 oil (or your preferred brand)
Oil Filter is Your Choice. Here are the various pa

Last edited by AdamJH225; 04-15-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Additional information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

silversatrn on 01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by richusmc View Post
First of all if you can't change your oil its really not that hard. Second an oil filter is an oil filter stop bitching about brands I promise they are all basicly the same. I have been working on cars for years and I have picked up some tricks, If you take your oil cap off before you pull your drain plug the oil drains faster and there will be less old oil in the crank when it looks like its done because its not making a vacuum anymore. You do not need to let the car run for a full minute before you pull your dipstick only long enough to build up some oil preasure 10 seconds should be plenty of time. I am putting this up because I am trying to help people If anyone here feels the need to flame me for any reason kiss my ASE certified butt.
you sound like an ase certified dick!....stay the fuck away from my car!...damn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
richusmc on 01-29-2009, 09:54 PM
also people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not go to your dealer your local midas or whatever does the same work just fine dont let the dealer say it will void anything thats a lie and against the law. support your local mechanics if you cant do the work yourself and you will be happier in the long run

daythecountrydied21 on 01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richusmc View Post
also people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not go to your dealer your local midas or whatever does the same work just fine dont let the dealer say it will void anything thats a lie and against the law. support your local mechanics if you cant do the work yourself and you will be happier in the long run
I actually do the same work in my garage. who woulda thought, gtfo troll.
richusmc on 01-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21 View Post
I actually do the same work in my garage. who woulda thought, gtfo troll.
Look man all i am saying is if you can't you dont need to let the dealer rip you off you can get the same work done cheaper i am trying to help people the name calling is really uncalled for.
richusmc on 01-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversatrn View Post
you sound like an ase certified dick!....stay the fuck away from my car!...damn!
and you sir sound like a dumb ass i hate when you try to help someone and they are too damn stupid to understand that oh and calling someone a dick on the internet really brings up those cool points too!
Benfica7 on 01-29-2009, 10:11 PM
LMFAO!...Who the fuck is this tool?!?!

And on your profile, don't steal Jeff Dunham's material...

Last edited by Benfica7; 01-29-2009 at 10:21 PM..
AdamJH225 on 01-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey Rich,
The people on this forum are generally very well-educated when it comes to their cars, and some of them are very well-educated when it comes to cars in general. The purpose of this site is to allow people who have been educated in different disciplines, by different teachers, to discuss, debate, and disseminate that knowledge to those of us who are still learning.

I appreciate your willingness to share with us your knowledge, and the fact that you can are an ASE-certified mechanic could prove valuable, as most of us are NOT certified mechanics. However, when you end your first post on this forum with "kiss my ASE-certified butt," most people aren't going to react too kindly. Seeing as how you've only been a member of this forum for a month, and the four posts you've made (total) have been extremely confrontational with regard to procedures used in an oil change, you shouldn't be surprised when people react negatively to you basically calling us all a bunch of idiots.

I would suggest that you spend some more time reading, posting, etc. and get involved in a few discussions in a non-confrontational manner. You'll probably get much farther and might even learn something yourself. All the best.

Oh, to clarify: my use of "a minute" in the original post, referring to allowing the car to run, was colloquial. We here in Chicago measure everything in minutes, not just time. A more precise measurement may be in order, but a minute is definitely not going to hurt, and I don't think that anyone who has read or made use of this tutorial was confused on that point. Truth be told, you're the first person to have brought it up.
silversatrn on 01-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJH225 View Post
Hey Rich,
The people on this forum are generally very well-educated when it comes to their cars, and some of them are very well-educated when it comes to cars in general. The purpose of this site is to allow people who have been educated in different disciplines, by different teachers, to discuss, debate, and disseminate that knowledge to those of us who are still learning.

I appreciate your willingness to share with us your knowledge, and the fact that you can are an ASE-certified mechanic could prove valuable, as most of us are NOT certified mechanics. However, when you end your first post on this forum with "kiss my ASE-certified butt," most people aren't going to react too kindly. Seeing as how you've only been a member of this forum for a month, and the four posts you've made (total) have been extremely confrontational with regard to procedures used in an oil change, you shouldn't be surprised when people react negatively to you basically calling us all a bunch of idiots.

I would suggest that you spend some more time reading, posting, etc. and get involved in a few discussions in a non-confrontational manner. You'll probably get much farther and might even learn something yourself. All the best.

Oh, to clarify: my use of "a minute" in the original post, referring to allowing the car to run, was colloquial. We here in Chicago measure everything in minutes, not just time. A more precise measurement may be in order, but a minute is definitely not going to hurt, and I don't think that anyone who has read or made use of this tutorial was confused on that point. Truth be told, you're the first person to have brought it up.
beautifully said!....and adam thanks much for your original 'how to ' post!..colm.
AdamJH225 on 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversatrn View Post
beautifully said!....and adam thanks much for your original 'how to ' post!..colm.
No problem, and thanks for the compliment!
richusmc on 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJH225 View Post
Hey Rich,

Hey man you got a good point didnt mean to come off like as much as a dick as i did, my bad. Trust me I am not trying to put anyone down i am honestly just trying to help people by spreading what i have learned through the years. i would also like to throw out an "i'm sorry" to anyone who was offended by what i said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in