Fuel Filter Change (With Pictures) - Page 9 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 88 Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrdan

Fuel Filter Change (With Pictures)

How to change the LSJ Fuel Filter

Parts Needed:

- New Fuel Filter (AC Delco Part Number GF824)

- 3/8" Fuel Line Quick Disconnect Tool
[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/5

Last edited by snobrdrdan; 06-28-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ricardus on 03-19-2018, 12:21 PM
My filter is leaking at what looks like the exit. The side with one connection on it. Replacing it doesn't sound too difficult but I'm worried about that quick disconnect fitting. Does the solid fuel line have something that needs to mate with the fuel line, or is it straight solid like that connects with some sort of special friction fitting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Rebel Redline on 03-19-2018, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardus View Post
My filter is leaking at what looks like the exit. The side with one connection on it. Replacing it doesn't sound too difficult but I'm worried about that quick disconnect fitting. Does the solid fuel line have something that needs to mate with the fuel line, or is it straight solid like that connects with some sort of special friction fitting?
Necropost.

If it's leaking, fix it right away. There is an internal clip on the outlet side, and there needs to be a plastic clip on both the inlet and return fittings on the other side.

A replacement filter usually comes with what you need.

Ricardus on 03-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Redline View Post
Necropost.

If it's leaking, fix it right away. There is an internal clip on the outlet side, and there needs to be a plastic clip on both the inlet and return fittings on the other side.

A replacement filter usually comes with what you need.
The filter came with some sort of plastic clip fitted in the outlet side, but nothing else. Is it supposed to come with clips for the side with the 2 connections?

For something that was supposed to be easy I am having a lot of anxiety about this. I also picked up the tool that is supposed to assist in removing the outlet side with the 3/8 solid line, and it's not clear to me how this works.
Ricardus on 03-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Also, why am I not seeing the pics that are supposed to be with this post. Those would help a lot.
Rebel Redline on 03-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Actually, you're good.

The new filter ( GF824 ) comes with a plastic clip for the outlet. Just slip that on the actual line first and you're golden. The original filter ( GF821 ) has the internal clip and was superceded.

I'm thinking of needing the plastic clips for the inlet and return on my custom setup. Should be good on the stock stuff without the clip. Just look inside the hoses and make sure the o-ring looks good.

The pics don't show up because Photobucket jumped the shark and decided to hold everyone's external hotlinked photos for ransom.
FahZoul on 04-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Did mine yesterday, she juiced me a bit, but took no time at all. Used GF824 Acdelco jaunt 32$. Haven't compared millage yet but it does idle smoother.
1Redline on 04-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahZoul View Post
Did mine yesterday, she juiced me a bit, but took no time at all. Used GF824 Acdelco jaunt 32$. Haven't compared millage yet but it does idle smoother.

How did the old fuel filter look? Any comments on the physical appearance of the old fuel filter.

How long did you go between last changed?
FahZoul on 04-08-2019, 03:19 AM
There was some sludge in it, I have no idea when it was last changed. I bought the car last year. There was no maintenance done to it. I'm at 108,000 on milage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in