How to adjust your Cynic Dual Brace - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
How to adjust your Cynic Dual Brace How to adjust your Cynic Dual Brace
ptparker
01-12-2006

Ok, with alot of folks getting there braces in the next week, I thought I would post this article about how to add tension to the brace. It is only somewhat effective in reducing hop without pre tensioning. If you have a dual brace and it is properly adjusted, you will not get any. You may start to feel a little of the oscillation while your wheels are spinning at 5000 rpm, but deal with it.

This article just talks about one side of the dual brace, just treat each side independently. Don't try to adjust both. Do one, then do the second.

Loosen the nut at the top of the brace. It is a 17MM. Just a half twist, enough for you to be able to unscrew the eye hook.

Unscrew the eye until it is only held in by about 3 or 4 rotations. Start screwing it in little by little until you are able to squeeze the bolt through and be able to grab it with the nut on the other side. Once it grabs tighten it down.

VERY IMPORTANT. After a few weeks, repeat. It will settle in, and then lose a lot of its tension. You will be amazed at how many more rotations you will be back the pistons up and still able to fit on there after a couple weeks.

After taking that pic, i still got another two revs out.

The watermark kind of gets in the way on this pic.
Tutorial Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dvs on 01-12-2006, 01:27 PM
thanks for the great info and pics i am sure i will do this as soon as i receive my brace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Russell Brown on 03-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs
thanks for the great info and pics i am sure i will do this as soon as i receive my brace
I have not yet added braces. I do have a terrible hop off the line. Could you give me any info? What braces to use ect. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in