First off you need to gather some parts
1. Directed 611T relay
2. Fog lights (duh)
3. Fog light mounting panel GM# 15223620
4. Fog light switch GM# 15239077
5. Misc electrical supplies/tools
6. Connector for fog light switch
7. Wires with metripack connectors got mine from a spare headlight harness
8. Headlight harness for vehicle with fogs (got mine from the junkyard)

The switch has four wires marked A, B, C, D I dont remember the colors of the wires but I will check and update this post.

A. Ground
B. Cluster Light Power
C. Fog lamp relay Power - Yellow
D. Fog lamp switch signal - Orange

The Directed Relay Has 5 Wires and 4 dip switches You need 2 and 4 on (1 and 3 off).

For this install we will adding wires to the fuse box connectors in unused ports. These connectors are C3 and C2 in the field service manual. C3 is the headlight harness connector it is Grey with a green cover C2 is the body side harness it is Black and i dont remember the cover color. To install wires into these connectors you have to first remove the green retainers I just pryed on them with a small screwdriver

Red wire from the directed unit is power we will connect this to port A1 on connector C3 (this is ign+ bus and will be hot when the ign is in run position)

Black wire from the directed unit is power. We will connect this to port E12 on C3 (this is the ground bus)

Green wire on the directed unit goes to terminal D on the switch which is the oarnge wire

Brown wire on the directed unit will go to A4 on connector C3 which is the high beam signal. This will cause the lights to turn off with the high beams. Alternativly you could connect the brown and red wires together and connect them both to A1 so your fogs will stay on with the high beams.

Yellow will go to E10 on connector C2 (this is the fog relay supply port) And Terminal C on the switch also yellow.

The remaining two wires on the switch are ground Terminal A. I connected mine behind the cubby that the fog switch goes in using a ring terminal there is a bolt all the way in the back.

And instrument panel lights Terminal B. If you remove the black plastic cover off the top of the steering wheel you will find a long blue connector Terminal F has a gray wire. I used a quick tap to connect the wire for terminal B to the gray wire

Thats it put a relay into the fog lamp circuit on the fuse box and a 10 amp fuse in the fog light fuse location.
Tutorial Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

1Redline on 01-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Arrow

nice write-up

glad this forum is still creating new content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Lucario6613 on 02-09-2017, 07:09 PM
long shot being how old this is and no one comes on forums anymore, but did you have any issues blowing ignition switch fuses with this install? I have everything in the correct pin slots from the junction block, the factory fog light harness and switch is installed and im using the 611t. I have double checked all my wires and keep popping that ignition switch fuse in the car fuse panel. I appreciate any help!

icarusblister on 02-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Good info. i know this thread is pretty dated. been wanting to add fogs to mine but i might look for a direct plug and play kit.
Lucario6613 on 02-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusblister View Post
Good info. i know this thread is pretty dated. been wanting to add fogs to mine but i might look for a direct plug and play kit.
plug and play would be extremely time consuming and expensive. you would need a new IP harness, BCM, front engine bay harness and all the hardware. basically take apart your entire car.
REDLINE1313 on 02-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario6613 View Post
plug and play would be extremely time consuming and expensive. you would need a new IP harness, BCM, front engine bay harness and all the hardware. basically take apart your entire car.
Or ya could hard wire power and switch it and just instal a switch inside and just remember to shut them off.
Lucario6613 on 02-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
Or ya could hard wire power and switch it and just instal a switch inside and just remember to shut them off.
It sound like he wants a factory install like I do. I already have the majority of the factory stuff installed so I'm just going to run my own relays. I think there is something not hooking up right with the 611T that the OP is using.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in