Push to start button how to - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Tutorial Tools

FunnyGuy
11-16-2017

I need to know how to wire our insane cars up for a push to start button so instead of twisting key all the way forward I want to put key in the run position press a button and it starts up any info is appreciated
Tutorial Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

djames on 11-16-2017, 10:14 PM
First...
The security factor is an issue... these cars were not made to have this kind of function... if you were to actually do this you would have to bypass the mild security that the car has to make it a push button start..

Not worth it for a seriously minor inconvenience of turning a key

FunnyGuy on 11-16-2017, 11:25 PM
I understand it?s lame but I?m hiding the button so only I can start the car

Rebel Redline on 11-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Get a wiring diagram. Find the "start" wire in the ignition switch. Add momentary for actual start.

P.S. Don't be under the illusion that even with a push button start that "only you" can start the car. To ensure that is a lot more work involving hidden switches and interrupting the fuel, spark, or both.

It would be child's play to hotwire these cars, and no I'm not going to describe how.

djames on 11-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGuy View Post
I understand it?s lame but I?m hiding the button so only I can start the car
I'm not saying it's lame.... but what I don't think your not understanding is some of the security systems in place that you would have to bypass... mainly the passlock which serves 2 functions...
1 Locks the steering wheel in place...
2 it has a computer chip inside of it

Now the chip does something that I am not 100% sure of but I do know that it communicates with the BCM in some way...

You would have to bypass both of those for sure to do what your asking...
I have seen similar posts on the cobalt forums with no real success if I remember correctly....

FunnyGuy on 11-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Yeah I dug into it and had to reset my computer because the car locked me out might have to get a bypass (the same thing remote starts use)

redplate on 11-21-2017, 01:47 AM
This is just like turning a car on and off using a key unique to the driver. All I know is the Push button start is simply pressing and holding a button. But, you should make it sure that you have the smart key inside the car ,to start the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Tutorial Tools

Similar Tutorials
Tutorial Tutorial Starter Forum Replies Last Post
car wont start unless push started K-Train04RL Problems & Troubleshooting 19 01-09-2011 06:55 PM
WTB Body panel push rivets Superman Buy/Sell Parts 1 06-25-2010 01:13 PM
Question about Rotors/Push Nuts Hypertension Problems & Troubleshooting 13 06-01-2009 07:42 AM
Push button start?? korax123 Tuning & Electronics 31 01-24-2007 09:14 PM
Push button.... Freakazoid Off-Topic Discussion 36 06-05-2006 04:22 PM