Red Line on Dyno * VID * - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Red Line on Dyno * VID *

This is a vid of Sinister Redlines car being dynoed a couple weeks ago ...

His runs were:
200HP
199HP
198HP

We couldn't figure out how to get the spark signal so there wasn't any tourqe readings.

When you watch the vid you'll notice the massive movement of the engine when the power is released. Sinister and I are going to be fabricating engine mounts for the RL in the next few weeks .... to see if this will help get more power to the road

Red Line Dyno VID

2003 Dodge SRT-4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Best time [email protected]
2003 PT Cruiser
1990 Dodge Daytona ES 3.0L V6 ([email protected])

1972 Plymouth Duster (soon to have 440-6)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Superd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaGTS
This is a vid of Sinister Redlines car being dynoed a couple weeks ago ...

His runs were:
200HP
199HP
198HP

We couldn't figure out how to get the spark signal so there wasn't any tourqe readings.

When you watch the vid you'll notice the massive movement of the engine when the power is released. Sinister and I are going to be fabricating engine mounts for the RL in the next few weeks .... to see if this will help get more power to the road

Red Line Dyno VID
Is that corrected at the crank? Or is that wheel horses?

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner
Is that corrected at the crank? Or is that wheel horses?
That is wheel HP ......

2003 Dodge SRT-4

2003 PT Cruiser

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Superd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaGTS
That is wheel HP ......
Good runs, seems to be about average for what we've been seeing.

What's a good price on a dyno run for someone that's not connected to the shop in anyway? I was looking up some around here and was seeing prices like $150 for like one run. Is that normal? Seemed a little high to me.

Motor mounts seem like a good idea, I know some people were talking about filling the stock mounts with polyurathane untill some better options come out. Have you looked at the stock mounts? Are they a bitch to get to?

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 01:41 PM

4th gear run??

--Jerm--

04 Ion QC3 M- Electric Lime
- HKS Exhaust
- AEM CAI
- Eibach springs
- strut tower brace

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
4th gear run??
3rd gear run

Quote:
Good runs, seems to be about average for what we've been seeing.

What's a good price on a dyno run for someone that's not connected to the shop in anyway? I was looking up some around here and was seeing prices like $150 for like one run. Is that normal? Seemed a little high to me.
This day was a big dyno event, put on by a shop in Portland so we had to drive three hours to get there, and it was $30 w/ A/F for three pulls ... if you keep your eyes open you can usually find a dyno day around where you live.

Nornal price I usually pay is $75 for three pulls, that is about what most shops charge around here ... some charge alittle more for A/F

Here is my first dyno run from that day, watch the kid jump and them move out of the way at the end ( sorry it is side ways, my friend didn't quite understand the video thing, just turn your monitor on it's side )

My first dyno run from that day

Quote:
Motor mounts seem like a good idea, I know some people were talking about filling the stock mounts with polyurathane untill some better options come out. Have you looked at the stock mounts? Are they a bitch to get to?
Just filling stock mounts help alittle, but it really increases vibration alot more than new stiff mounts do, because you still have the softer rubber making it "rattle" a bit, I can't quite think of the right word.

At least the difference in the SRT between filled mounts and new mounts are all the world. I have new stiff mounts in mine and the only time you can tell is when the car is idleing. Oh ya and when the wheels arn't hopping quite as bad, so you can give it just that more gas.

We have made a preliminary look at how much work it will be to get to, I don't think they will be that bad ..... hehe (I have thought that before) but he has a truck he is air bagging on the lift right now, so we need to wait till that is done to get his car up inthe air, then we will be able to really see how much work it will be.

2003 Dodge SRT-4

2003 PT Cruiser

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 02:59 PM

that sounded badass man, the srt4 i mean.

good job on the rl dyno too!

2004 Ion Redline "The Man In Black"
GM Stage 2, Aem Short Ram.....i love my car

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 03:39 PM

you need the inductive pick up on these cars.
Just as you would hook to a svt cobra/Lightning engine(2003+).

(Admin)

431whp/441wtq ATP Turbo Kit.
11.93 @ 120mph
Custom Tubes Inc, LFS, ATPturbo.com, Clutch Masters

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVO88T
you need the inductive pick up on these cars.
Just as you would hook to a svt cobra/Lightning engine(2003+).
Can you expound on that alittle more?

Or explain what to do to hook it up right next time

2003 Dodge SRT-4

2003 PT Cruiser

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremesc2
that sounded badass man, the srt4 i mean.

good job on the rl dyno too!
If you liked the sound of that, try this vid

I've also got a few more vids from the last month on my site.

http://www.nwsrt4.com/gallery/daytonagts

2003 Dodge SRT-4

2003 PT Cruiser

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in