Ion Red Line TV Test drive.... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Ion Red Line TV Test drive....

our local NBC station did this back on Sept 16th & I just ran across it.
Red Line Test Drive Video Review

Here's a link to the TEXT of the video review.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 04:38 PM

Thats cool!! thanks for the post.06 CHeaper???not at my dealer

MODS:
Strut Bar, Debadged Ion Enblem, airbox delete with cone filter, 3.0 zzp pulley, NKG Copper core plugs, B&M Shifter, AUto Meter Analog Boost Gauge.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 06:06 PM

"Things I don’t like: there’s no opening handle on the trunk, so you have to have the key fob or key"

Um... well... yeah... uh huh... help me out here, how many cars accually have opening handles for the trunk?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveglessner
"Things I don’t like: there’s no opening handle on the trunk, so you have to have the key fob or key"

Um... well... yeah... uh huh... help me out here, how many cars accually have opening handles for the trunk?
I didn't watch it but from what you quoted I am guessing he didn't find the button to release the trunk and therefore thought you needed your key to open it.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 08:45 AM

"Factory stock cars suitable for aftermarket modifications." <-- I wonder if GM called them to correct them.

I was gunna laugh if the knob fell off for him.

Don't go to Cottman Transmission of New Port Richey,FL:
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 11:14 AM

23 city and 29 highway...ummm, anyone getting thats as I get like 22 with a combined city/highway and the best I have EVER seen has been 25 and that was granny driving and shifting (just to see if I COULD save gas if I had to).

1 of 782 2004 Electric Blue ION Red Line -- 1 of ~720 Canadian Red Lines -- 1 of 292 Canadian '04 Red Lines

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroState
23 city and 29 highway...ummm, anyone getting thats as I get like 22 with a combined city/highway and the best I have EVER seen has been 25 and that was granny driving and shifting (just to see if I COULD save gas if I had to).
Yeah, coming back from Gingerman raceway, going across Indiana on the turnpike I got 30 & a hair MPG.(at 70mph on cruise) I'm always getting in excess of 28 highway.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 02:51 PM

I get 28 mpg avg driving like a grandmother
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 04:28 PM

yea this car does great when your just cruising but it guzzles down the gas when your foot is on the gas
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 04:49 PM

how can you baby this car it just asks to be drivin hard!!

MODS:
Strut Bar, Debadged Ion Enblem, airbox delete with cone filter, 3.0 zzp pulley, NKG Copper core plugs, B&M Shifter, AUto Meter Analog Boost Gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in