what power source do i friggin use?! - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

what power source do i friggin use?!

Hey, i'm trying to install my gauges. What power source do i use? I'm friggin clueless..

I know how to install my boost gauge..
I have a oil pressure gauge? how the hell do i install this thing? where do I tap into to? OMG some one help me..

2004 Redline is no more..

2006 Wicked White EVO IX - Works S.Bushings, KB Under-Hood Bushings, Perrin EBS, Tanabe DP, Megan Resonated TP, Perrin Cat-back, Walbro 255LPH, GST Air Filter, 8000K HID , Nisei LICP, Beatrush Engine Stopper, Falken RT-615's 255's, RRE Sway, RobiSpec Springs, 750cc injectors, SunAuto Box, Greddy UICP, Titek o2 Housing, Ported Exh. Manifold, Ported Hotside, Ported Intake Manifold, Kelford 272/272 Cams, Forge WGA, AMS FMIC, ARP Studs,Mil.Spec Ported T.B, GST Tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

oh yeah, what kind of wire do I need to extend the positive and negative for the power source to the light? I know this is lame and these are lame questions..flame me later tell me answer now!

2006 Wicked White EVO IX - Works S.Bushings, KB Under-Hood Bushings, Perrin EBS, Tanabe DP, Megan Resonated TP, Perrin Cat-back, Walbro 255LPH, GST Air Filter, 8000K HID , Nisei LICP, Beatrush Engine Stopper, Falken RT-615's 255's, RRE Sway, RobiSpec Springs, 750cc injectors, SunAuto Box, Greddy UICP, Titek o2 Housing, Ported Exh. Manifold, Ported Hotside, Ported Intake Manifold, Kelford 272/272 Cams, Forge WGA, AMS FMIC, ARP Studs,Mil.Spec Ported T.B, GST Tuned.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

oh yeah, how and where do i ground the negative wire from the gauges..

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 08:07 AM

you can get power from a few places. You can pull right out of the fuse box with a tap device. Its right by your gas pedal. There is a ton of places to ground back there as well. If you want to get real fancy tap the gauge cluster wire for the dimmer action so they are only on at night and you can turn em down a bit.

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyguy
you can get power from a few places. You can pull right out of the fuse box with a tap device. Its right by your gas pedal. There is a ton of places to ground back there as well. If you want to get real fancy tap the gauge cluster wire for the dimmer action so they are only on at night and you can turn em down a bit.
I have mine set up to dim like goofy said. I hooked the power to the grey wire on the hazzard button. You can ground them anywhere, just find a screw that is into metal. Works like a charm.

AGP 50 Trim, APEXI SAFC 2, RC 750's, Redstar return line, AGP CAI, ATP UPP w/ Turbo XS RFL, Mopar stage 2, Mopar performance clutch, Mopar lowering springs, HP Racing TBE, Mopar STS, MSD coil & wires, Ebay special FMIC, Bwoody Collection (catch can, H-brace/traction bar combo, shroud, soild mounts, coil heat shield), Hotchkis f/r sways, AEM UEGO wideband, Aeroforce Scan Gauge, All powder coating by Bwoody

284HP/328TQ (Before the 50 trim)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

okay, i'm confused. Tap device? Ground it into a screw? What? I know I'm suppose to ground it to something metal but how? What kind of wire do I buy to extend the power cables? I'm confused..

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL_RL
okay, i'm confused. Tap device? Ground it into a screw? What? I know I'm suppose to ground it to something metal but how? What kind of wire do I buy to extend the power cables? I'm confused..
Ok, I had some wire at my house that I used. If you dont I would just run over to your local hardware store and show them the wire on the gauge. They can point you in the right dirrection and show you what to buy. When I hooked it to the grey wire I stripped some of the insulation off and wrapped the gauge power wire around it and taped it up.

As for the ground you need to find a screw that goes into metal on the car. Take the screw out half way, wrap the gauge ground wire around it, and tighten the screw. Pretty simple stuff. If you are putting a pillar pod up you can probably ground it to that screw on the pillar.

AGP 50 Trim, APEXI SAFC 2, RC 750's, Redstar return line, AGP CAI, ATP UPP w/ Turbo XS RFL, Mopar stage 2, Mopar performance clutch, Mopar lowering springs, HP Racing TBE, Mopar STS, MSD coil & wires, Ebay special FMIC, Bwoody Collection (catch can, H-brace/traction bar combo, shroud, soild mounts, coil heat shield), Hotchkis f/r sways, AEM UEGO wideband, Aeroforce Scan Gauge, All powder coating by Bwoody

284HP/328TQ (Before the 50 trim)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Okay, i get it. How about the oil pressure gauge? Where do I tap the oil pressure gauge wire into?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 02:08 PM

ok for mine i took all the power wires and ran a single copper wire to the grey hazard wire. i didnt even have to strip the grey wire just slip it in. then all the ground wires i took and put them all together and then hooked a single wire to them and hooked that copper wire to a screw that holds the plastic to the stearing colum. yes it goes into metal. just put the wire under the plastic so it touches the metal and rap it around the screw. its really easy and with the hot wire connected to the hazzard plug it can dim with all the other lights. need a drawing ya know i can make a quickie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Alpha)"Stick and Stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me!"...(XS)"What if I threw a dictionary at you? Those words will hurt."(SLS)Haha...Stick em both in the back of the RL...Twincharged.*rimshot*
additional mods:PCLEAR'S custom Shorty shifter, Custom HPT
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 02:09 PM

good luck on that one yell for wop he'll know.

(Alpha)"Stick and Stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me!"...(XS)"What if I threw a dictionary at you? Those words will hurt."(SLS)Haha...Stick em both in the back of the RL...Twincharged.*rimshot*
additional mods:PCLEAR'S custom Shorty shifter, Custom HPT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in