Vacuum hose sizes - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Vacuum hose sizes

I spent some time today trying to replace the three boost-related vacuum hoses on my Redline, because the hoses that have been there since I bought it seem to be somewhat cracked and dry rotted.

I had some difficulty finding what I assumed to be the stock sizes (internal diameters) of these hoses in previous threads.

One of them seems to require a different size at each end (which can be achieved through adaptors I would think), and the other two seem to be different from each other (and possibly the same size as the ends of the other hose). So, my guesses were 1/4" to 3/16" for the hose that requires two sizes, and 1/4" and 3/16" for the others.

These sizes weren't readily available from Autozone or Pep Boys however so I went with 5/32" and 7/32". Do those seem like they should work? Are their any possible problems from stepping down a size? Am I even right about the sizes in the first place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Yep Oriely's has a barbed adapter assortment for a couple bucks. I like to have a couple ft. of several sizes in the garage for sunday-at-midnight type repairs.

Mods: ZZP stage 3, 2.9 pulley, prefab pcm, 60lbers, AEM gauges, KandN CAI, SPEC stage 3+, ZZP S3 heat exchanger
ZZP long tube header, Strut bar, ZZP rear mount, Progress rear sway bar, Redline Tuning hood struts freshly installed.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM

hose

that is a wrench thrown in there .,,,

hose with different size on opposite ends

sorry about again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in