First off, rather than making an entirely separate thread for this in the Northeast board, I'll just combine both things in here.
Second, Saturn of West Liberty is a piece of crap lol, the guy was trying to sell me an 05 RL (granted fully decked out minus comp package and XM) for 22.5 with a 2.5k cash incentive. He didn't even have the car in the lot, didn't know a DAMN thing about the RL (for example he said that the cobalt didn't have anything even remotely similar to the RL, to which I quickly said, uhhhh there's the SS model which is almost the same car...). Thought it had a 2.2l engine, didn't know crap about it. Said that nowhere even HAVE 06 ones yet, then he had the balls to claim that they had the only 05 new model within 500 aerial miles. (WTF?
) (like that's a good thing if it's true... you're not even giving me a damn decreased price bastard).
Keep in mind with this story, I found out after that these cars are the SAME car, they're owned by the same dealership, yet I got drastically different numbers.
Alright then I went to the Saturn of Pleasant Hills (per the other Pittsburgher's suggestion), and this is where I have the question. This red RL is on the verge of being riced out, it's got a 141 demo miles on it or so, has the aerowing spoiler and the place's custom graphics package (looks surprisingly good to me). But the reason why I dare to say almost riced out is because with the way the car looks now, I will definitely be attracting cops attention.
But yea they BSed with me, then they said 'they're not allowed to do this (yea right)' but they offered me "better than the GM supplier discount" and gave me a number of about 19,5 for the car. I was like alright, that's SEMI decent, they straight out told me that they wanted to get rid of the car. So I still have negotiating room from there it seems. The only thing I forgot to ask was whether the 19,5 was with or without the 2,500 cash incentive. With, honestly I'm not considering it, I'll wait. WITHOUT though, would put the price of the car at 17k, and I could probably squeeze in the car care package and an extended warranty and walk out the door at 17.5-18.5k.
Whatdya think guys, hold out if it's without the cash incentive (going to call tomorrow to verify)? It does look hella nice, and the stripes ish could always come off. No LSD which is a kick in the pants for me, but ignoring that, I'd like to hear the reactions from some people, cause I know some of you guys got your cars for hella cheap.
Please respond this is probably the critical time for me to make a decision
if I don't buy it now I'll be waiting probaly. the one other place I'm going to check is back in Monroeville, though I don't think they'll negotiate as much.....