S4 and LS/V Turbo Civic. - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
sold my body 4 turbo parts, but im still slow

S4 and LS/V Turbo Civic.

What happened to all the kill stories in this section? Anyways lol.

No video but a nice lil story I guess, I'll have to take my camera out with me next time, wasn't charged and didn't know I was going out tonight, besides the point.

Was out tonight and pulled in with my buddy in his S4 b5 2.7 biturbo to get some food. As soon as we parked some kid with a honda started running his mouth about how I was talking shit on him previously (I don't open my mouth to anybody that I haven't ran? but that's w/e.).

So I just ignore him for a bit and finally me and my buddy get sick of hearing his bullshit. He finally walks over and asks why I was talkin shit again and we go on for that for awhile with me explaining to him that I don't talk shit on stuff I haven't ran yada yada. Finally my buddy asks him if he wants to quit talkin and run the S4. They both agree and head out on the strip beside the food place. Civic won't take a dig at all (would've got raped if he did) so they both start in 2nd.

They honk, civic takes the jump and pulls half a car, the s4's turbos fully spool up and he starts pulling about half a car (crazy feeling by the way, you cannot sit back up when they kick in at full boost), then the s4 has to shift and the hondas still got probably 2k rpms left in 2nd. By the end of 3rd for the civic he was prob ahead a car of the s4 when they cut off. Had it been on the highway goin to 130 or so the s4 probably would've yanked it but they didn't.

They pull back in and we all check out his car, pretty nice build, ls vtec I'm assuming internals running 10psi he said. Hood wouldn't fit over the turbo so he cut out some of the hood lol overall a pretty nice car with some hard work put into it, a type of honda that will get respect from me all day.

After that and just hanging out talking he chilled out with me and we shot shit awhile. They all left and we got going a bit later.

My buddies sitting at the stop sign waiting for me, I didn't think anything of it. We both pull onto the strip me in 1st gear, no idea what he was in. Now I realize he wants to run as he pulls off the first honk. I really didn't want to because my motor was prob sittin at 100deg coolant temp and I NEVER get on it till it's fully warm. It gets to about 130 deg and I've been waiting weeks to run him though so I say fuck it and 3rd honk comes around. I floor it in 1st, whaaap whaaap whaaap goes the s/c and tires, a lil smoke show ensues, I hear his pipes fill with forced air loud as shit. My tires actually didn't let up too too bad in 1st, Hankook ventus evo k12 ftw. I clutch it slap 2nd chirp and spin for a split second. We're neck and neck and I'm watching over at him grinning from ear to ear happy that I'm keeping up with it. I finish out 2nd and he keeps going, he probably pulled 2-3 cars and I glided it into 3rd and chalked it up to a respectable loss considering what I was up against.

His mods are unknown at the moment, but we believe it to be stock turbo, with a tune and some other supporting mods. Again another respectable loss.

My mods full cooling minus meth, exhaust, from header to 3" dp to 2.5 catback, 3.0, 42's. Right now my tunes is 18 or 19 deg of timing, nowhere near what it could be running (No doubt I could get mid 20's out of it but I just haven't had the time yet) so there's definitely room for improvement and maybe gain me that car or two back.

Overall a fun night and some fun races, sorry for the novel I tried to make it interesting . I can't wait to drop pulleys and hopefully get some e85 pumping seeing how well my mild ass current setup faired. Heading in for an interview on Monday at a place so crossing my fingers they pay much better than my current shit job so I can get to work on this baby .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Too many words...

06 Silver RL |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm Awesome

Great story Steve! =]

Lovin the s4s, b4s/b5s = awesome. One of them will be my next car in 4 years. Ripping into the 11s without a problem + sleeper + luxury = teh sex

Member #01 Black Carpet

I like to make projector headlights

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm Awesome

i love my saturn ion redline. looks good, its rare, suicide doors, fast, center spedo, recaros, low payments, low insurance (well, it will be in 3 years anyway..)
but the only car I'd ever cheat on behind my IRL's back would be the s4.
to hell with the srts, stis, evos, whatever. My next car will be an s4. <3 <3

thread jack for sexy s4..starting..now:

/thread jack + sex.

Member #01 Black Carpet

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMredline View Post
Too many words...
Hey tried to make it as interesting as I could without a vid .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLProfessional View Post
Great story Steve! =]

Lovin the s4s, b4s/b5s = awesome. One of them will be my next car in 4 years. Ripping into the 11s without a problem + sleeper + luxury = teh sex
Hell yeah they are amazing cars. Throw a pair of OEM rs4 turbos on the bitch, piggy downpipe exhaust hello 10's and 11's.
The kid that had the passat up in carlisle is the one who got the s4 if you remember lol.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:40 PM

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Redline View Post
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 PM

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm Awesome

lolll...
and wow, HE got the s4?! That bastard. I'll kill him. lol

Member #01 Black Carpet

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Haha yeah he snagged it for 5.5k after the trade in to the dude with his passat.
Can't wait to get some real shit pumping into that thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in