Some recent races on my e85 tune - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Some recent races on my e85 tune

so i finally got some races this past week but srry no vids i cant seem to find my camera and a few were un expected but ill for sure re race a few of them when i replace my intercooler pump as im hoping the outcome will be even better.

First one was right after i got tuned i was coming home from work and a infiniti g35 pulls up next to me with exhaust and hids that i could tell we did a 60 roll twice each time i put about 4 cars on him by 105 then id hit the brakes. after the guy just ricer fly bys me and wouldnt stop to talk.

second was on the way home from my buddy jason's house a 2000 white trans am starts following me onto the highway and he pulls next to me wanting to race so we both slow down for a 40 roll. i slowly pulled to were he was at my rear quarter thru 3rd then right as i shift im assuming the heat soak really started to set in as i had already been driving for a bit and he started realling me in by the time i hit 5th i was at his rear bumper. we slowed back down and did it again but by then heat soak was in and right off the hit he just started to pull. he pulled over and we chatted for a bit. I was surprised how cool he was, he was like damn thats a fast little car and we went over each other mods he had basic bolt ons slp intake 3inch exhaust dumped below the rear seats 4:11 gears and a tune. after hearing the mods i was surprised how well i did considering i figure im around 275-280 right now with my tune not fully dialed in and with my intercooler pump being out and i be driving around with 180 degree iat's.

third was my buddies 04 mustang gt with CAI, full exhaust, short throw shifter, mild tune and a exedy clutch. we went from two 40 rolls each with me pulling about 2-2 1/2 cars by 105 then letting off. we will be racing again soon when he gets retuned and i replace my intercooler pump and we will for sure get a vid.

fourth was a new genesis 2.0 turbo. Two hot chicks were driving and i passed them at about 70 on my way home from work so they pulled next to me and wanted to play. we went from 60 the first time with me putting bus's on them then we slowed down again and that time i just purposely staid next to them for a while cause they were both hot and i was very impressed they were wanting to race.

lastly i raced a 2004 srt4 with mopar stage 2 and some other basic bolt ons. we went from a 40 i pulled a half car thru 2nd then started to pull more but we had to brake due to traffic. we got a chance to line up at a light right after but we wouldnt race again or even roll his window down to talk, only reason i know whats done to its cause when i got home and told my brother about it he said he knows the guy and has ridden in it. helisted the mods for me and said the thing is no slouch. I wish he would have raced me from that dig i wanted a good full run to see how much i would have pulled on him. Well thats about it and reason for so many races this week is i was trying to get a few in since i started house arrest finally this past tuesday and i wont really get a chance till october now.

2006 Ion Redline: 80# injectors, tuned on e85, k&n cai,Ca V2 shorty header, magna flow catback to borla xr1 muffler,zzp catted downpipe,bwoody rear sway bar,zzp heat exchanger,custom option b, 2.8 smooth flow pulley, ingalls torque damper,quaffe lsd, Power stop evolution ceramic pads, Power stop Kinetic drilled and slotted rotors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tbandit420; 08-15-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 AM

Kind of a off the wall question but. Enyone know the weight of e85/gallon compared to gas?

2012 Nissan Frontier SL
Heated Leather sure is nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 AM

Some good kills. What you on house arrest for?

The SATURN was WAY faster

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatinboarding View Post
Some good kills. What you on house arrest for?
<~~~was wondering the same thing anyways sounds like you had a hell of a time especially with the ladies! Hope you have better luck then me when i replaced my pump I waited a whole year after I got back from deployment and the damn pump is still not working guess I will have to buy another one ... all those races and your IAT2 temp only got up to 180 on a broken pump? Not saying thats good but I hit 201 on a str8 away for about 1/4 mile....(no more until she is fixed)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:50 AM

what stage heat exchanger are you running that your getting so much heat soak? and are u running just that heat exchanger and the stock one? i have the stock one and a cobra on the car and i dont think the heat soak plays too big of a factor

2006 comp package ion redline, 18 inch bbs, carbon fiber hood, cai, full exhaust, 2.7 pulley, 60 lb injectors, cobra h/e, b&g lowering springs, wideband, custom tuned, pioneer double din (twin charge kit bought not installed yet)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

im running the s3 heat exchanger and the reason im getting heat soak is because of my pump being out. and when i said 180 degree iat's i ment that when i start just driving they spike that high and sit there. i havnt logged it while im racing so im sure they get even higher which is what is really hurting me right now. and my only cooling mods right now is the heat exchanger a custom opt b and the e85. once i replace the pump i should be good on my 2.8 pulley. Once i get a dual pass nxt year ill drop down to a 2.7 or 2.6. And the reason im on house arrest is long story short the state of missouri doesnt like pot like i do. my old room mate got pulled over and got mind fucked into letting them into our apartment and ya i had a little business going out of it lol well not anymore as that was a year and a half ago. i just started my punishment which is 5 years probation and 60 days house arrest and some bull class's and what not so no more weed for me but hey everyone's gotta grow up sooner or later.

2006 Ion Redline: 80# injectors, tuned on e85, k&n cai,Ca V2 shorty header, magna flow catback to borla xr1 muffler,zzp catted downpipe,bwoody rear sway bar,zzp heat exchanger,custom option b, 2.8 smooth flow pulley, ingalls torque damper,quaffe lsd, Power stop evolution ceramic pads, Power stop Kinetic drilled and slotted rotors.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

oh and once again thanks eric(gmredline) for the tune bro and hopefully when i get off house arrest ill have a few data loggs to send you and maybe you can help me dial it in more.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 PM

If your pump isnt working stop racing until you get it fixed. I am 3.5 years into my 5 y probation. Its not that bad. Is that a felony over there?

The SATURN was WAY faster
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

ya its a felony they charged me with two felonies 1 for the amount of weed I had and 1 for selling.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:15 PM

Nice kills! Fix your I/C pump.
Your old room mate is a dumbass!!! Never consent to any search of any kind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in