It's Official guys! - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

It's Official guys!

My car is a piece of shit...

I lost last night to a 150awhp impreza 2.5L from a dig about 1/4mile races a couple of times and beat him once from the line.I beat him twice from a roll by half a car length.

It's weird, the first run I pulled like hell on him but didn't beat him by as much as I thought. The more and more races, it felt like I was losing 20hp each race. By the time we were done, my car was making weird noises and wasnt reacting like it usually does. The exhaust note sounded deeper, more rumbly. We pulled over at his gf's place, we chat it up, I let my car cool for 5-10 minutes. I turn it off turn it back on and it sounds fine..
I thought that he has AWD and was getting monster launches on me and I had to catch him so I seemed slow. I said to him let's go from a roll, i'm sure my car will get ya by a lot then... But then....

The 2 last races from a roll I hit 20lbs of boost racing and I couldnt pull him, he is the one that pointed out that there maybe something wrong with the car. During the last race, he said I shot out what looked like a 12 inch flame from my exhaust, it was so big that I could see the flash of light from the drivers seat.... I'm not running rich I can tell you that much, so what's up with the flame? Detonation?

I have never spit flames in the RL.

My mod's:
header/intake/exhaust
2.8" pulley
GM stage 1

I couldnt take a slow ass impreza.

2004 Redline is no more..

2006 Wicked White EVO IX - Works S.Bushings, KB Under-Hood Bushings, Perrin EBS, Tanabe DP, Megan Resonated TP, Perrin Cat-back, Walbro 255LPH, GST Air Filter, 8000K HID , Nisei LICP, Beatrush Engine Stopper, Falken RT-615's 255's, RRE Sway, RobiSpec Springs, 750cc injectors, SunAuto Box, Greddy UICP, Titek o2 Housing, Ported Exh. Manifold, Ported Hotside, Ported Intake Manifold, Kelford 272/272 Cams, Forge WGA, AMS FMIC, ARP Studs,Mil.Spec Ported T.B, GST Tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:02 PM

BS.... the Redline wasn't racing.

2006 Mazdaspeed6, Cat-delete, CAI... 2005 PDX-tuned STi, 323awhp/355awtq/[email protected] -Stock terrrbo dangit!
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVA
BS.... the Redline wasn't racing.
Okay, why the hell would he lie about racing? HE IS THE OWNER OF THE REDLINE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica7 View Post
vandy0149-Financial Advisor and Travel Agent to the RLF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bLaCK and SiLVeR KnIGhTz Member# 16 THE Fattest RL on This Site...

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM

LoL I'm just messing around.

I just don't believe he could loose to a slow-ass RS... I'm a Suby fan also, but damn! 20psi???? There had to be something wrong with the RL.

2006 Mazdaspeed6, Cat-delete, CAI... 2005 PDX-tuned STi, 323awhp/355awtq/[email protected] -Stock terrrbo dangit!
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVA
LoL I'm just messing around.

I just don't believe he could loose to a slow-ass RS... I'm a Suby fan also, but damn! 20psi???? There had to be something wrong with the RL.
I did lose, it was a 2000 impreza RS.

Dude, I couldnt fucking believe it. I usually can take near stock STi's from a roll, but I couldnt take this kid.

After the 2nd race, my gf was like what the hell is wrong with the car..

2006 Wicked White EVO IX - Works S.Bushings, KB Under-Hood Bushings, Perrin EBS, Tanabe DP, Megan Resonated TP, Perrin Cat-back, Walbro 255LPH, GST Air Filter, 8000K HID , Nisei LICP, Beatrush Engine Stopper, Falken RT-615's 255's, RRE Sway, RobiSpec Springs, 750cc injectors, SunAuto Box, Greddy UICP, Titek o2 Housing, Ported Exh. Manifold, Ported Hotside, Ported Intake Manifold, Kelford 272/272 Cams, Forge WGA, AMS FMIC, ARP Studs,Mil.Spec Ported T.B, GST Tuned.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy0419
Okay, why the hell would he lie about racing? HE IS THE OWNER OF THE REDLINE!!!
Hits head against wall...
SARCASM ORGASM!
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL_RL
I did lose, it was a 2000 impreza RS.

Dude, I couldnt fucking believe it. I usually can take near stock STi's from a roll, but I couldnt take this kid.

After the 2nd race, my gf was like what the hell is wrong with the car..
I wonder if the dealer will honor his factory warranty?

You are shooting flames out of your plastic car? Looks like your "fast" is now a slow...
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Moderator Kitteh!

Im gonna go ahead and tell you your cat is clogged to all hell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HPTuners, Diamond Forged 10.0:1 Pistons, Flowtechnics Ported Head, Ferrea Valve Springs w/Ti Retainers, ARP Head Studs, Siemens 60lbers, AEM Cold Air, Thermal/Custom Cat Back/Downpipe, GMPP Header, BilletFlow 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger

Member #001 - Sticker Tower Of Doom Club
All opinions expressed are my own, even if I say they're someone else's. All your base are belong to us.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Im gonna go ahead and tell you your cat is clogged to all hell
race header dude, NO CAT.

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

I know this is a stupid question, but could my mufflers be clogged? I have two mufflers, a magnaflow oval and a hooker max-flow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in