2.9 Pulley Install w/pics - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

2.9 Pulley Install w/pics

Well, I spent about 2 days trying to get this thing done. I took the pulley to my dealership on Friday and sat there for 5 hours. About an hour after I was there, my lead tech came out to me and said they couldn't get it off so I told him they need to remove the SC. He looked at me real quick and then walked to the mechanics bay again. He came to me a few hours later and said that someone will finally take on the task of removing the SC. I was like..."ok" An hour after that I saw my car come around and he told me they couldn't remove it and I should bring it to wherever Alpha had his removed.

To make a long story short, we spent about 5 hours yesterday putting it on and it looks damn nice.

For Sale: GM Performance Camshafts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Superd00d

Why didn't you just rent a puller/installer?

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner
Why didn't you just rent a puller/installer?
lol, we tried but were unsuccessful at that. The best tool we could get was the 3 prong pulley remover, but that did not work. Evidently my dealership tried that too judging from the very minor damage on the pulley. Hopefully I will never need a puller/pusher again.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Moderator Kitteh!

Dude, We tried EVERYWHERE!!! No place around here had one to buy or rent.

HPTuners, Diamond Forged 10.0:1 Pistons, Flowtechnics Ported Head, Ferrea Valve Springs w/Ti Retainers, ARP Head Studs, Siemens 60lbers, AEM Cold Air, Thermal/Custom Cat Back/Downpipe, GMPP Header, BilletFlow 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger

Member #001 - Sticker Tower Of Doom Club
All opinions expressed are my own, even if I say they're someone else's. All your base are belong to us.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Superd00d

Looks good though, it was done with a press, so who cares.

I had to rent it mail order. ZZ Performance.

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner
Looks good though, it was done with a press, so who cares.

I had to rent it mail order. ZZ Performance.
That's where I got my puller. Took about 30 minutes taking my time, to remove the pulley, put the new one in and change the belt. That's on my 3800 s/c.

Stock 06 Redline comp pack
14.252 @ 97.1 mph bone stock
13.94 @ 103 mph Stage II
Other car: Eagle Talon TSI
11.5 @ 122 mph 0-60mph 3.4 seconds
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Moderator Kitteh!

Yeah we dont plan stuff out like that. We just assume whatever we have will work.lol. but it was fun even though I wasted my ENTIRE gas tank on that retard and all he bought me was my chicken caesar salad at dinner.

HPTuners, Diamond Forged 10.0:1 Pistons, Flowtechnics Ported Head, Ferrea Valve Springs w/Ti Retainers, ARP Head Studs, Siemens 60lbers, AEM Cold Air, Thermal/Custom Cat Back/Downpipe, GMPP Header, BilletFlow 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger

All opinions expressed are my own, even if I say they're someone else's. All your base are belong to us.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Yeah we dont plan stuff out like that. We just assume whatever we have will work.lol. but it was fun even though I wasted my ENTIRE gas tank on that retard and all he bought me was my chicken caesar salad at dinner.
lol. He's gotta point. I had a blast watchin my buddy work on it. I did do one thing though. I was able to change the spark plugs myself with a little help from Alpha. We seriously drove about 150 miles yesterday. Maybe more.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Moderator Kitteh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ PUP
We seriously drove about 70 miles yesterday. Maybe more.
70!?!?!?!?! Are you F*$king kidding? I drove almost 200!!

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I have a question for anybody that knows their stuff. When we installed the 76mm idler pulley, the 2.9 and the idler were not in sync. The idler was off to the right instead of being dead center with the SC pulley. We decided to use the stock idler for now. Can I just use a washer or two to line them up or is there a more proper way to do this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in