Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

"offical" Short Throw Shifter Thread!!

9K views 75 replies 29 participants last post by  bc3tech 
#1 · (Edited)
:soapbox:
Ok here is the down low i have been looking at the short shifters and anything to improve the shifting on the car other than clutches, i have found three....:hungry: i see it as the faster you shift is the faster you get down the quarter mile and better trap times... i think alot of companies have overlooked this part of our cars!!

B&M short shifter
PRICE:$144.00
ACCESSORIES: shit knobb included
ON: WWW.MODERNPERFORMANCE.COM
BENNIFITS: (30% less throw) shit knobb always stays on

HURST short shifter
PRICE:$139.00
ACCESSORIES: shift knobb included
ON: WWW.NORTHERNAUTOPARTS.COM
BENNIFITS: 28% LESS THROW (avaliable throught JEGG's nov.11)

PCLEARS
PRICE:$90.00
ACCESSORIES: SHIFT KNOBB
ON:FORUMS (PM PCLEAR)
NO REVERSE LOCKOUT

*NEW*
RACING SHORT SHIFTER
PRICE: $49.00+ SHIPPING
ACCESSORIES: NONE
WERE:http://www.mufflermall.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&currency=USD&products_id=568
REDUCES UP TO 60% THROW AND HAS REVERSE LOCKOUT!!!

please let me know if i have missed any of them and i can update the thread thanks!:bananahum

See less See more
#29 ·
im going to take a look at that more carefully and email TWM to see if they have one for the redlines, and then get pics poasted i will make it work if i have to.... the pic shows the reverse lockout on it???

#31 ·
OK. The hurst on shortbuss has a reverse lockout on it.

#35 ·
thanks for the info... first post being updated guys!!!

#37 ·
If you got pics of the Pclears short shifter post them so i can update the first page!!!

#38 ·
It's identical to the B&M with a different knob...

#40 ·
yes i know and now i think im going to have to do something else to mine to get it done... i wanted to do the TWM but its for regular IONs and Cobalts!!!

#41 ·
Looks identical to the B&M..... Hummm... OK knob but I really do not need to replace my shifter since I already know where the gears are....

Mark

#42 ·
mailmars said:
Looks identical to the B&M..... Hummm... OK knob but I really do not need to replace my shifter since I already know where the gears are....

Mark

In all honesty, the shifter was one of the best mods I've done...

#46 ·
Sp00ner said:
In all honesty, the shifter was one of the best mods I've done...
No doubt..... It made a huge difference in the driveabilty department.

Mark

#47 ·
RL-2005 said:
that northern auto place must be suckin some serious hurst cock to have gotten them so early. i prepaid at jegs and am still gonna get it later then if i had just waited and ordered though them
haha i retract my statement, got a shipment notice from Jeg's today!!!

WooHoo!!

#48 ·
RL-2005 said:
that northern auto place must be suckin some serious hurst cock to have gotten them so early. i prepaid at jegs and am still gonna get it later then if i had just waited and ordered though them

northern is out of them. I tryed to place an order then got a call telling me that they were out of them :( . I guese he said they had 6 of them on friday and by monday they were out of them. he told me he spoke with hurst and the soonest he will get more is late Nov midDec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.